Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to apply the SkinFramework on a non-MFC app ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to apply the SkinFramework on a non-MFC app ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomay3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to apply the SkinFramework on a non-MFC app ?
    Posted: 23 September 2017 at 1:47pm
Hello,
I have a non-MFC application (wxWidgets app), which is a pure Windows API framework.
I wonder if it is possible to apply the skin framework using only the shared library (the .DLL one)  dynamically and redefine LoadSkin function with non-MFC data types!
BOOL LoadSkin(LPCTSTR lpszResourcePath, LPCTSTR lpszIniFileName = NULL);
_XTP_EXT_CLASS CXTPSkinManager* AFX_CDECL XTPSkinManager();
Will this work ?
Thank you for your understanding.
Product: Codejock ToolkitPro MFC v16.2.0
Platform: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)

Language: Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 (MFC)
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 9:07am
Hello tomay3000,

SkinFramework hooks almost all calls to drawing. It exchange addresses in all loaded DLLs and in application with addresses of functions from in SkinFramework library. You can find what exactly functions and DLLs hooks SkinFramework in array CXTPSkinManagerApiHook::m_apiHookInfos[] (Source\SkinFramework\XTPSkinManagerApiHook.cpp).  If wxWidgets uses the same libs and functions to drawing  then SkinFramework can hook it.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
tomay3000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomay3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 12:04pm
Thanks for the reply, I will try to dig a little bit in the source code and see if I can generate a header file with all required definitions to use with my Windows API application
Product: Codejock ToolkitPro MFC v16.2.0
Platform: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)

Language: Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 (MFC)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic