Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HideFlags property on Ribbon Quick Access Toolbar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HideFlags property on Ribbon Quick Access Toolbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HideFlags property on Ribbon Quick Access Toolbar
    Posted: 09 April 2017 at 10:19am
I have added a drop-down (xtpControlComboBox) control to the Quick Access Toolbar of my Ribbon.  I did this by making a Clone of an existing control and then using QuickAccessControls.AddControl.  But the cloned control does not appear on my QAT.  

The culprit seems to be that the HideFlags property is 128 in the new control.  This value is not shown in the help file (only values through 32 are explained).  

If I set HideFlags=0 and Visible=1 and Height=16, then my control appears!

Can you explain what 128 means (and perhaps 64 also?) and why my new control would have that value? 
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 12:19pm
Hello wrecks,

They are xtpHideDocTemplate and xtpHideRibbonTab flags. But they haven't added to ActiveX. I will fix this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

enum XTPControlHideFlags
{
    xtpNoHide = 0,              // Control is visible.
    xtpHideGeneric = 1,         // Control is hidden by generic reason.  Developer set Visible = False.
    xtpHideWrap = 2,            // Control is hidden by wrap.  Toolbar is too small and the control is wrapped.
    xtpHideDockingPosition = 4, // Control is hidden by docking position.  If a toolbar has a combobox or edit control, when the toolbar is docked in the left or in the right side of frame, the Commandbar ComboBox and Edit controls becomes hidden.
    xtpHideScroll = 8,          // Control is hidden by scrolling.  There are too many controls in a popup and the control is hidden because the popup is scrolled.
    xtpHideCustomize = 16,      // Control is hidden by customize settings.  User removed it.  This is only possible when customization is enabled.  This flag is set if the user removes the control from the Add and Remove Buttons popup menu.
    xtpHideExpand = 32,         // If the control is rarely used and it is not visible because the intelligent menus option on and the command is a hidden command.
    xtpHideDocTemplate = 64,    // Control is hidden because active template excluded from its list.
    xtpHideRibbonTab =  128     // Control is hidden because inactive ribbon tab.
};

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic