Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Merge Modules in SkinFramework 17.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbachTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merge Modules in SkinFramework 17.2
    Posted: 13 May 2016 at 2:47pm
We had recently upgraded our software to use SkinFramework 17.2.0 from 16.4.0.

We have an installshield project that handles bundling everything up for installation. I had gone through and removed the 16.4.0 merge modules and added the 17.2.0 ones.

We are having an issue where the ocx files are not being registered properly after we run the installation. If we regsvr32 manually on each of the ocx's that we use, everything works properly.

I did a bit of digging and opened the old 16.4.0 merge modules in installshield, and then compared the 17.2.0 modules.

In the 16.4.0 msm files, there is registry information under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT that contains class id's. I assume this is what installshield installs into the registry for these components.

In the 17.2.0 msm files, there are no registry keys whatsoever, so I am pretty sure that is the problem. Is this intentional on Codejock's part?

We have a workaround to extract the registry information from an OCX and create a registry file, and manually add the OCX's to our install.. but before I do that I wanted to see if this was a known issue and if new merge modules were on the way. I would much rather use an msm than manually add the ocx components and have separate registry files for each one.

Any information is appreciated!
Jonathan Bach
Software Developer
Tyler Technologies
csware View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 11:48am
Hello Team,

this is not only a problem at the skin framework. I encountered that the SyntaxEdit Control does not self register when using the msm. At the moment i'm not sure wether this problem exists in other MergeModules. Pls have a look at the msm files and correct them.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.2.0

Platform: Windows 10 (64 Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP 6a
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic