Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[done] Office 2013 background images?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [done] Office 2013 background images?
    Posted: 21 February 2016 at 2:17pm
the website says v17.1 has Office 2013 background images (Calligraphy, Circles and Stripes, Circuit, Clouds, Doodle Circles, Doodle Diamonds, Geometry, Lunch Box, School Supplies, Spring, Stars, Straws, Tree Rings and Under Water).  I've gone throught the help file, looked through the object browser (F2 in VB6) and looked at the examples included in the install, but can't see how to enable this.  Can someone enlighten me please?
dsmith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 9:42am
For an example, please look in the calendar sample. In MainFrm.cpp you will see the switch selection. (if you cant find it, look for the word XTPCalligraphy, which will jump right to the section. 
void CMainFrame::OnOptionsStyleOffice2013Back(UINT nStyle)
{
switch (nStyle)
{
case ID_OPTIONS_STYLE_OFFICE2013_BACK_NONE:
m_nRibbonBackImage = ID_OPTIONS_STYLE_OFFICE2013_BACK_NONE;
XTPSetOfficeSetBackImage(GetCommandBars());
break;
case ID_OPTIONS_STYLE_OFFICE2013_BACK_CALLIGRAPHY:
m_nRibbonBackImage = ID_OPTIONS_STYLE_OFFICE2013_BACK_CALLIGRAPHY;
XTPSetOfficeSetBackImage(GetCommandBars(), XTPCalligraphy);
break;
case ID_OPTIONS_STYLE_OFFICE2013_BACK_CIRCLESANDSTRIPES:
m_nRibbonBackImage = ID_OPTIONS_STYLE_OFFICE2013_BACK_CIRCLESANDSTRIPES;
XTPSetOfficeSetBackImage(GetCommandBars(), XTPCirclesAndStripes);
break;
... and so on

These are also declared in a few other files, like calendardemo.rc. I would suggest using a grep tool to search for phrases that the images are named after, like doodlediamonds, to show you how and where to use these.

I hope this has been helpful.
Harry75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 10:30am
Exist there an example for visual basic 6 (SuitePro 17.1 ActiveX) ?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.3.1 , 16.4 , 17.x , 18.x

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3 , Windows 7 SP1 / Win 10 (64bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 4:01pm
yes, but we need all the stuff for Active X for VB6.  The VB6 object browser doesn't have the IDs you mention (and I wouldn't expect it to as they're declared as public const) nor does it have XTPCalligraphy etc (which I did expect as it looks like it should be an enumeration).

The included examples in the Active X install don't have the calendar sample, and don't have anything on the Office 2013 background images.

If you could post the MFC source containing all the constants & enumerations etc related to the background images, I can get it into VB6 on my own.

Thanks.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2016 at 11:09am
Hello,

I'm glad to inform you that the Ribbon background images were implemented for ActiveX also. It will be available in the next beta or release.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
xang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 10:58am
any ETA (any thoughts)? also will this new beta/release includes office 2016 theme?
Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro (MFC) version 18.0.1 (with 1-year maintenance)
Platform: Windows 10 RS2 (x64)
Language: Visual C++
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic