Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VB6 & EXE crash when MDI form closed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VB6 & EXE crash when MDI form closed
    Posted: 17 February 2016 at 11:29am
Hi all
I'm a newcomer to Codejock and have spent a couple of days trying to get to grips with the evaluation version of the Skin Framework to freshen up our very large VB6 application consisting of many forms, Internally written ActiveX controls (internal to the VBP), classes, external ocxs/dlls etc.  There are a number of issues I am getting but the first is that no matter what I have tried, the app crashes when I close the main MDI form down using the X (either in debug mode or using the compiled exe). 
I'm now using the following code in MDIForm_Load():

SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule "msado15.dll"
(then a batch of other excludes)

bRet = SkinFramework1.LoadSkin(App.Path & "\styles\Office2010.cjstyles", "normalblue.ini")
SkinFramework1.ApplyWindow Me.hWnd
SkinFramework1.ApplyOptions = SkinFramework1.ApplyOptions Or xtpSkinApplyMetrics

When the X is pressed it triggers the MDIForm_QueryUnload event in which I use this line:

SkinFramework1.RemoveAllWindows

I have exhausted the forums and the code samples and can't see what the issue might be, or find any other documentation. I have also run Process Explorer and tried to assess which dlls could be the problem, and included all these as ExcludeModule statements.  I'm not sure what to try next. If we are to use CodeJock going forward as a company I really need some help.  Thanks in advance...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic