Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ribbon transperency in Windows 8 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdancer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbon transperency in Windows 8 problem
    Posted: 14 February 2016 at 6:35am
Using TookitPro 15.3.1, the ribbon transparency in Windows 8 and Windows 10 is not working.

Instead I get a graduation of unspecified colours.

Am i doing something wrong or my version is too old for win8/10 ? Is there a quick fix for that or at least a solution to remove transparency to all versions and use a solid color ?

Regards,

Just me!
sdancer75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdancer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 1:08pm
Any solution for that ? I am using the "office 2010 black" theme and as I saw the official demo "RibbonSample" suffer from this bug even in the new version 17.  Take a look in the image below

Is there any solution for that ?

Just me!
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 1:34pm
Hello sdancer75,

What code did you use to create and manage ribbon ?

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
sdancer75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdancer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 5:26am
Originally posted by olebed olebed wrote:

Hello sdancer75,

What code did you use to create and manage ribbon ?

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed

Hi olebed and thanks for your interesting.

As you can read above I didn't used any code from my own. I just used the example in the latest xtreme code toolkit demo.

In my tests I found that this behavior is somewhat normal under windows 8/10 and for the "office 2010" themes. The ribbon code uses the current windows color scheme (in my case a yellow something theme) and uses that to create a degradation for the Xtreme Toolkit office's themes.

I didn't like it at all,  so I re-enabled the framewindow to have a somewhat controlled color scheme that does not change depending the window's color theme.

I did my tests by downloading the latest demos from codejock  and BCGSoft. Both of them had the same results for the office themes.  Maybe there are OS restrictions for that.

Regards,

Just me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic