Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Commandbars SetSpecialColor does not work on V.17
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commandbars SetSpecialColor does not work on V.17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commandbars SetSpecialColor does not work on V.17
    Posted: 01 February 2016 at 5:11am
Hello,
i've a RibbonBar in which i need to customize the hightlight colors to match our Erp overal theme.
With version 16.2.5 i was able to use the Office2013 theme for the ribbon (in order to have the flat style) and then i was able to change the various colors of the controls in the ribbon using Commandbar.SetSpecialcolor function.

Now with version 17.0 setting the Office2013 themes seems to block the ability to change colors since using SetSpecialColor function doesn't change the colors anymore.
Is there some new property to assign in order to be able to change colors again?

Codejock SuitePro ActiveX Version 16.2.5:

Codejock SuitePro ActiveX Version 17.0.0:

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.2.0
Platform: Windows 10 Enterprise
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

agontarenko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 11:16am
Hello,

Can you provide sample on vb 6.0 which working with 16.2.5? We will check it with version 17.

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
Metodo_Sviluppo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 12:01pm
Hello,
some time ago i submitted Issue #34757 on support in which there is a code sample i used for color changing.

For now i use the other INI files instead of "Office2013White.Ini" as suggested by Vladimir Kozlov in his reply on the Issue.

Anyway here's a zip file with the code i used for color changing of the ribbon buttons hovering.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.2.0
Platform: Windows 10 Enterprise
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Carlos Rocha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlos Rocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 4:03pm
ColorManager.SetColor or SetSpecialColor change nothing in CommandBars colors.
I couldn't find a sample that uses it. What's the trick?

Thanks
SuitePro 20.3.0
Language: Visual Objects 2.8
agontarenko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 7:51am
Hello,

In latest versions of Codejock library colors of UI elements contains in DLLs, this files located in path:
"C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\ActiveX\Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX v17.2.0\Samples\Styles\"
To change colors, you should have possibility to modify ini files which contains in DLLs. After edit them you should recompile it.
All this changes allowed with TollkitPro library.

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
Carlos Rocha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlos Rocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 11:21am
Thanks, I'm aware of that, but it's not what I'm looking for. In the meanwhile I found a sample that explains (more or less) how to do it. Still investigating as it doesn't work all the time and/or for different themes.
SuitePro 20.3.0
Language: Visual Objects 2.8
rmcmanamy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcmanamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 9:55pm
I'll agree with you that it's hit and miss on what you can do with each different theme.  It's rediculous that we cannot fully control all of the colors or that we can't pass a modified ini file into the Command Bars.  

To say that we should modify the ini and recompile the dll is honestly ridiculous from a programmers perspective.

The Command Bars are so close to being a great product if only Codejock would realize that the end user might want to have more control over the colors being used rather than just a few themes that none of them support setting all of the required colors properly.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX Unicode) version 22.0.0

Platform: Windows 11 (64bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic