Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Office 2013 and Windows 7 skin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Office 2013 and Windows 7 skin?
    Posted: 12 August 2015 at 6:20am
When I select the Office 2010 theme, I can set the corresponding Office 2010 skin, which then draws the frame as it should be for Office 2010.

However, if I set the Office 2013, or Windows 7 themes, there are no corresponding skins for these, so it's left with the old transparent frame which doesn't look good.

Are there skins for these themes, and if so where?

Thanks,

Brian
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 11:37pm
We don't provide skins for Office 2013 and Window 7 themes. Setting those themes properly should not leave any transparent frame as their standard Microsoft analogues do not have transparent frames either. Please refer to RibbonSample for proper appearance of those themes and the proper way to get them applied in code.
Thank you.
Regards,
  Alex
brianh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 3:55am
Hi Alex,

I already looked at that sample, and I know that if I use a ribbon bar I can get the frame to look correct, but converting our application to use a ribbon bar is not a simple operation, and not necessarily something we want to do at this time.

With the Office 2010 themes there is a skin, and this does change the frame, even when you don't use a ribbon bar. This is what we want to do with the Office 2013 theme in particular. If you have a skin for Office 2010, then why not for Office 2013?

Is there any easy way to get the look of the Office 2013 frame without using a Ribbon bar?

Thanks,

Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic