Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Codejock still alive?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Codejock still alive?
    Posted: 25 February 2015 at 5:20am
There's hardly any news or software updates.

I have recently renewed, but I'm getting doubts if it's still worth it if nothing happens.

David.
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 3:54am
I asked the same question directly to support, but I did not get any answer at all.

I think that we deserve an answer from CodeJock here. We are all software coders 
and know all about the hassle delivering software at deadlines, not reaching goals
etc. And I have been  a customer from the beginning, where it started out as free
to a payed supported product.

So CodeJock just be fair to us, what are your plans, and how can we help?

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
Alex H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 6:36am
Yes Codejock please let us know when the next version will arrive?
The 16.4 was released more than 4 months ago!
Any plans for a service Pack or 16.4.1?
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by DavidH DavidH wrote:

has anyone tried BCGSoft (their MFC libraries), and is it any good?
No, they suck. At least their controls does. Calandar contol is not even close to CJ ones.
I evaluated BCG, but in the moment it's far from being a real alternative.

Kirk, if you read this:
Possible for CJ would be to make the code open source (on github) and have a concept with a license for commercial usage and professional customer support.
Ext JS (later Sencha) showed, how successful this model works!
So the community can directly help to improve the product. Just a thought.

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 9:02am
Hi everyone, and thank you for your concern and comments here, they are very much appreciated.  Yes we are still very much alive and working hard on the next major release.  We have some pretty exciting things in the works for 2015 and hope to have a beta available within just a few weeks.  We have some major improvements to the Calendar, Themes, and Skin Framework to name a few and will be introducing some great new features later this year including some nice updates to the Chart control and Application Wizards.

We appreciate your concerns and assure you that we are working hard to make 2015 a turnaround year.  We appreciate your patience and hope to bring you some great improvements throughout this year.
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
Alex H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 10:26am
Thank you Kirk!

That sounds good for me :-)
But could you please also release a new stable service pack 16.4.1 soon?

Last time it took about 5 months between 16.4 BETA1 and the Release.
This is by far too long for us to wait.

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 2:48pm
When we run Beta 1 this time around it should not take longer than 2 or 3 weeks.  If no major problems are found we will do an official release after that.  The only exception I can see to this would be if something major was found or we have an incomplete feature that we need to finish.  In this case we would will probably run a second beta before releasing. The whole beta process should not take more than 6 weeks total.
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
xang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 6:09am
Sounds fair! Waiting for the upcoming release then.
Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro (MFC) version 18.0.1 (with 1-year maintenance)
Platform: Windows 10 RS2 (x64)
Language: Visual C++
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic