Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin vs. Theme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cluster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skin vs. Theme
    Posted: 21 February 2015 at 10:27am
Hello,

right now I am using theme visualstudio2012Dark for my application. But I have some problems with the control elements (eg. XPTComboBox->ScrollBar, CXTPPropertyGrid,...) and the "standart" dialogs.
What is the difference between SkinFramework and the theme CommandBars technique (pro and cons)?
Is there a plan to transfer the visualstudio2012Dark theme to the skinframework? Or is this not possible?

Thanks for your help!
cluster
cluster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cluster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 8:53am
here some screenshots

cluster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cluster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 7:18am
Is there a plan to fix the issues with inconsistent theme???
xang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 4:05pm
You really should send this via support center. (ticket)

Indeed there is a difference between 2 dropdowns.
Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro (MFC) version 18.0.1 (with 1-year maintenance)
Platform: Windows 10 RS2 (x64)
Language: Visual C++
mcmastl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcmastl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 1:49pm
Hello and thank you for informing us of this issue.  We have brought this to the attention of the development team and will be looking into the issue.  
Luke McMasters, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
cluster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cluster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 11:27am
Unfortunately no change in 17.0.0 Beta 1 Cry

I mean all controls scrollbars are still wrong, all inplace comboboxes (toolbar/property grid/...).
I am just wondering! I am the only person who want to use the VisualStudio2012Dark theme???

So I came back to my first question:
Is there a plan to transfer the visualstudio2012Dark theme to the skinframework?

PS: Best example for that, go to the "Controls Sample"-> "Edit" tab and switch to "VisualStudio2012Dark" and look at the Multiline edit control...

Btw. this affects VisualStdio2012Light too, but in the Dark theme this inconsistent looks really (let's say) unesthetic.

cluster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cluster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2015 at 11:41am
Is there any news? Confused
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 11:33pm
We are aware about those issues and totally agree they spoil the entire look, unfortunately fixing some of them is very tricky due to specific of drawing scrollbars and backgrounds in some cases. It's because command bar themes provided their own controls that can draw themselves, and skin framework only intercepts drawing routines and performs it's own drawing. Both techniques are good and bad at something and have gaps. For unw unfortunately we cannot provide any estimate on when those issues will be fixed and for the moment we don't have addind VS2012 skin on our to-do list.
mohsen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 10:31am
Are these problems still exist in the current version? 18.6.0
lrenoux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lrenoux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2019 at 4:23am
Oh yes, still present.
adamg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2019 at 7:08pm
and still present in 19.0
adamg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2019 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by adamg adamg wrote:

and still present in 19.0

For the scrollbar and the ColorDialog.
The Combo looks okay now, but the scrollbar are painful.

it would be good to know is this on any roadmap and when it will be completed....

Adam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic