Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docking panes in a docking pane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazeppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docking panes in a docking pane
    Posted: 21 November 2014 at 5:58pm
Our application has around 20 docking panes. To keep the confusion levels down, we would like to put all the panes inside one main docking pane, so that they can all be moved, hidden, and closed as a unit if desired. But none of my attempts at this display any of the nested panes. I see from searching this forum that other people have tried this, but there is no indication that anyone was ever successful, and certainly no examples of how to do this. 

So I started by creating a docking pane with a CWnd-derived client. The client has its own docking pane manager. In the main pane's client's OnCreate, it tries to create the internal panes. All the methods succeed, but OnDockingPaneNotify, where the clients are attached to the panes, never gets called. 

After reading other posts, I have tried re-routing messages like WM_KICKIDLE or WM_IDLEUPDATECMDUI to my pane client and/or its pane manager, but nothing works so far. 

CodeJock's marketing pages claim that nested panes are supported. But I'm beginning to think that what they really mean by "nested panes" is multiple panes in the same tab group, not panes inside panes.

So if anyone has attempted this and succeeded, please give me a kick start. In fact, if you have attempted this and given up, I'd like to know that too, because it may be my only choice.
Mark Woodard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic