Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Control.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Control.
    Posted: 17 May 2005 at 10:27am

Xtreme Toolkit Pro v9.60

Can anyone help me with this?

I need to build a custom control for a CXTPPropertyGrid. The control needs to be a combination of a combo box (with contraints) with a ... button to the right of the drop down arrow (that will be used to fire a popup dialog).  I have spent a whole day puzzing over how to build this and I'm no further forward.

I've never built a custom control before, so I'm looking for general advice, places to look, code snippets, headache tablets, drugs, basically anything that will help!

Can anyone help?

Kevin.
Kevin6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 11:57am

Hi All,

Now I'm really pleading for HELP! - PLEASE!

I've looked at various samples, but cannot figure out if I should be inheriting, subclassing or giving up because what I'm asking for just cannot be done.

Please would someone take pity on me and give me some pointers?

Regards,

Kevin.  - so sad I want to cry......

Kevin.
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Kevin6 Kevin6 wrote:

Kevin.  - so sad I want to cry......

Don't be sad Kevin, at least you're using MFC  ..... I wish we were, but we're stuck using ATL so only have the active-x version.  Which, according to this http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2099&P N=1 does not support a combo with a '...' button.    ....  Since the MFC version comes with source I would be _very_ surprised if you weren't able to do something about it.  If you can't get that working what we did as a work-around for the problem was when that field is selected we add a verb that performs the same function as we had initially planned for the '...' button.  It turns out using the verbs was a better way for us to go as it allows for multiple actions....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic