Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Task Dialog under other window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick.brandwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Task Dialog under other window
    Posted: 04 April 2014 at 1:33pm
Hi all,

We have a problem with the Task Dialog in that we want it to replace the msgbox, however its behavior is not exactly the same.

The problem is that while the TASK DIALOG will not allow its parent window to cover it, any other window from the same application can. (this test was made with v.16.3.1)

Example

1. Create an instance of a Form.
2. The Form opens the Task dialog.
--> The instance of the Form that opens the dialog cannot receive focus and will not cover the dialog, this is as expected.

1. Create an instance of Form. (call it FormA)
2. Create another instance of Form. (call it FormB)
3. If FormA opens the Task dialog, FormB can receive focus and cover the dialog.
4. If FormB open the Task dialog, FormA can receive focus and cover the dialog.

IN the below screenshot we can see a form that has created a task dialog, and a form that is partially covering the dialog. Note that the form covering the dialog has focus.

If you do the same test with a MSGBOX, you will see that while the MSGBOX is open, no forms from the same EXE can cover the dialog.

The test below is on a Server 2003, though I believe the problem affects other versions of windows too.

Please let me know if I have been clear, and if there is a solution to this problem.

Looking forward to a reply,

Nick Brandwood
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic