Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Controls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Correct way to track tree ctrl selection changes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct way to track tree ctrl selection changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct way to track tree ctrl selection changes
    Posted: 23 January 2014 at 9:29am
Hi,

I'm trying out the trial version of Toolkit Pro (really I'm just interested in Controls), and evaluating whether the XTPTreeCtrl is suitable for my purposes.
  I need to keep the tree control selection (with multiple selections enabled) synchronized with another GUI element in my application.

I'm imagining that I need to:
    1. Call SelectItems() when my other element wants to change the tree's selection
    2. Listen to some event will tell me about selection changes when the user interacts with the tree control.

I wanted to know what the official way of tracking the selection changes would be. I just couldn't see anything about this in the documentation (or I'm looking in the wrong place!).

Is it also possible to veto changes to the selection, how would this be achieved?

Many thanks in advance,
    -Nige

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic