Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frame border vs. task bar in Windows 8.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roan98dk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frame border vs. task bar in Windows 8.1
    Posted: 13 November 2013 at 6:56am
Hello,

I am having a hard time getting rid of an outside border on our main CXTPFrameWnd. I am having the same problem with the RibbonSample in 16.2.4.

To better explain what the problem is, try to download the Ribbon Sample (win32) from CodeJock Live Examples. Run it in Windows 8.1 (most likely same behavior in Windows 8) and change the style to Office 2010 (or 2007) Blue. Now maximize the app window. 

If you look at the transparent Windows' task bar, you should see the outside frame of the Ribbon Sample in the background:

but I want it to look like this: 

The strange thing is that if I hit the Restore button and maximize again, the transparent border goes away, but then if I ALT-TAB switch to different application and back, the transparent border is back again :-/

This may or may not be an error, but I do not like this behavior. My question therefore is:
  • Can I disable this behavior and how?
rwfearnley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwfearnley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 8:02am
I have exactly the same problem. In addition to the above, if you have multiple monitors the border of the maximised frame window 'leaks' onto the edge of the other monitor. Initially its a black stripe, but becomes painted if you click on the other monitor.

As was said, this occurs using the RibbonSample app as well. We cannot release our product with this bug, so this has become and urgent issue for us. Please confirm this is in an issue and indicate when it can be resolved (or if there are any workarounds). Thanks
rwfearnley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwfearnley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 9:49am
OK, the good news is that version 16.3.0 actually fixes this problem however the bad news is that it introduces an even worse bug IMO. If you try to maximise the window on a second monitor (placed to the right in my case) it only shows a thin vertical strip of the application windows on the right hand side. This also happens with the RibbonSample app as well. Again this issue prevents us from releasing our product (sigh), so please let us know when it will be resolved - thanks.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 10:31pm
Both issues are fixed for the next release, I guess it'll be version 16.3.1.
Lodep59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodep59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 5:52am
When will the Suite Pro 16.3.1 will be released ?
We are waiting for this patch to release a Major version of our software and this kind of problems is not acceptable by our customers.

Please help.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) last version
Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate
Language: VB6 SP6 (FR)
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 11:41pm
Version 16.3.1 was released on April 8, 2014
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic