Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Very strange bug with CEdit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very strange bug with CEdit
    Posted: 05 November 2003 at 5:56am

Hello again

I found very strange bug with standard CEdit class when it used on some resizable form (CXTResizeFormView, CXTResizeDialog).

Set multiline style to CEdit and make it big enough to hold several lines of text. If you place this editor to the CDialog and then enable/disable it you will see what all background of the editor became white/gray. It is not depends on the content of the editor (i.e. empty, one text line or several text lines). But if you now place this editor to the CXTResizeDialog and try to enable/disable it, you will see what if editor empty or contain single line of text only one line in editor became gray if editor contains several lines of text these lines became gray but whole editor stay white. It is very strange because I use standard Windows CEdit class in both cases and all they styles are same. I think there is some problems in resize (and redraw) mechanism.

Karnize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2003 at 8:41am

I make some tests and have some more precise definition to my previous post.

For example open your EditListBox sample project. At the first page make one of the editors higher and set to it multiline style. Then run program and try to disable controls at first page, you will see bug which I describe above. But place at the same page additional multiline CEdit (not CXTBrowseEdit) control and there will be no bugs.

I try to put CEdit on CXTResizeDialog and hadn`t any bugs.

But I use standard CEdit control at CXTResizeFormView (which placed as tab to CXTTabView, my main view) and have the same bug as above.

Please comment the problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic