Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When can we expect the next version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When can we expect the next version
    Posted: 28 September 2012 at 5:36am
When can we expect the next version of the XTToolkit?

I'm sure that I talking for many of us developers now preparing for Windows 8. It would be nice to have a road map of some kind, since many of us need to make serious decisions about our releases.

We need the most stable and best looking controls, and until now you have provided us with that. But currently we don't know what to expect (if anything) and when (if ever)?

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (22.1.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 5:42pm
Hi,
We are currently working hard on the next major release and it should be ready to go by the end of November (or sooner).  

Please let us know what features everyone is expecting this release so that we can address those as well.
Thanks
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 5:19am
Hi;

Here is mine;

• Multiline header controls with grouping possibility
  • Drag and drop support in tree-like report controls
  • Better support for cell merging and fixed colums
  • Handlinig of merged cells when adding/dropping columns using drag&drop
  • Notification messages when columns are dragged over other columns (to allow or deny drop of columns at distinct positions).
  • Grid like report control (MS Excel style -> See http://www.gcpowertools.com/ spread)
  • Performance increase when using non-fixed row height

Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 9:55am
* Windows 8 look for the commandbars, ribbons etc.
* Keyboard tab control for markup elements.
* More markup controls, drop-downs, spin-buttons etc.
* Animation effects for markup, and other CWnd's.
* Faster graphs, we do C++ and want speed.
* Contour plot with build-in interpolation, Vector plot.
* More feature for and control over FlowGraphs, flowchart look, straight lines etc.
* Windows 8 dialog types, flat, white, maybe a TaskDialog extension.
* Windows 8 flat buttons, and track commandbars.
* Add controls to Task Dialogs.
* Same look for all headers, property editor, header control, report, tab control etc.
* Markup for Property Editor help text.
* New chm/HTML help integration class/window, like for embedded .NET help.
* Controls for commandbars should also be available for e.g. dialogs.
* Better Quick Access bar for Ribbons and customization.
* Better control alignment e.g. Edit boxes, in Ribbons, and the track commandbars.
* More controls for Backstages.
* Same styles, color schemes available etc for all controls.
* Update CXTPBrowseDialog.
* Remember high DPI check for new stuff.

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (22.1.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 2:48am
Hi,

Here are my needs:

• Office2013.cjstyles and dlls
  • Calendar: Images for resources like:

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
tomay3000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomay3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 10:47am
Product: Codejock ToolkitPro MFC v16.2.0
Platform: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)

Language: Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 (MFC)
DKnowles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKnowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 10:35am
An addition to cpede's requests -
* More controls for Backstages.

I agree it would be nice to have more controls for Backstage views, but it would be very nice if the controls that are currently available were a bit more flexible.
* The ability to select a backstage tab programmatically.
* The ability to change the Size, Color, to place icons on the right as well as the left etc
* The ability to position a backstage tab or command. Currently backstage tabs and commands fill from the top in the order that they are created, I would like the ability to set a tab or command (mainly a command) to fill from the bottom.
* If you add any tabs / commands that can no longer fit within the space available you just lose them. A scroll bar or resizing the tabs / controls to allow them to fit would be nice.
* The ability to insert or reorder tabs /controls.

Or maybe if these suggestions aren't viable it would be easier to add properties to the PushButton class to mimic backstage tabs / controls and maybe add a pane / container to the backstage view so we can create our own backstage menu with much more bespoke functionality.

* More feature for and control over FlowGraphs, flowchart look, straight lines etc.
Definatley, I think I agreed with and added a few thoughts to the flowgraphs wishlist forum thread.
http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19061&title=flow-graph-wishes

* More markup controls, drop-downs, spin-buttons etc.
Would be nice but I'd be more interested in seeing the addition of more xaml classes.

* Contour plot with build-in interpolation, Vector plot.
Would be great, I've been asked for contour plots quite a few times. But not as much as 3D charts, but I know this is already on your radar Wink

Just off the top of my head....

If I think of any more I'll let you know Smile

-DKnowles
scottp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 11:36pm
we are waiting for some more Charting improvements to at least bring it in line with features offered by BCG but hopefully even better still :)

* Ternary Charts
* Updated Polar chart with Schmidt (equal area) or Wulff (equal angle) projection, easy great circle display
* improved interaction 
+ easy extract of chart coordinates as mouse moves over
+ chart object selection and ability to drag item (i.e. like manually adjusting a trend line)
* Advanced samples to implement items above if they can be delivered as core features.

* Gantt Control
* new themes (windows 8, Visual Studio 2012, Office 2013)
markh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 1:49pm
Hello

I would second the request for a spreadsheet type control similar to FarPoint Spread:

Also, the ability to load Windows 7 msstyles in SkinFramework. No one is really producing the old style XP ones any more.

Thanks
Mark
Marcus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 1:38pm
suggestion: a breadcrumb navigation control like in File Explorer (Vista+)
Alex H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 2:39am
- Office 2013 Styles
- Taskbar from Outlook:
Algae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 12:02pm
My short wish list. Wink

1. Scrolling command bars

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20065&title=scrolling-command-bars

2. Track control printing.

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20098&title=xtptrackcontrol-printing

3. Simplified way to add alternative command bar icons to the alternative icons list.
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:57am
A "Gauge" control would be really nice!
It's often needed to visualize single data values like speed etc. Customizable ranges (red, yellow, green), background and form (round, bar) of course.

DKnowles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKnowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:12am
A "Gauge" control would be a very welcome addition.
David

Product: Xtreme Toolkit Version 16.4

Platform: Windows 10

Language: Visual DataFlex 18.2
Daniel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 11:58am
MDI-Windows that can be detached - like in VS-2012.
klausd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klausd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 4:01am
Quite late, but here is my wish-list:

* Support IAccessible for Backstage buttons and pages.
* Provide Access Keys and Keytips for the controls on the Backstage (like MS Office does).
Norika View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 8:47pm
I want to use like a picture box control that can use zooming and floating scroll like Google Maps.
tobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:43pm
Hi SuperMario,

can you please let us know what will be included in the next release ?
My subscription runs out soon and due to the few updates the last year I'm not sure if I should renew it ...
Norika View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2013 at 7:35pm
Could you tell me the revised release plan date ?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 1:44pm
Sorry for the delay everyone, we are still working hard on this next release and it should be coming out soon.
DavidH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 4:11pm
Looking forward to the new release! Can't wait, actually...

David.
lemongrass View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 2:51pm
When can we expect the next release? We have to plan for the next version of our software and need to know an approx. timeframe: weeks, months..?
roan98dk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roan98dk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 6:34am
Could we have a quick status update?

Next version was supposed to be released "soon" back in January. Now we are already in March. I plan to release a new major version of an application and would love to include the next release of Toolkit Pro, but are you close like in a week or so or could it still be several weeks or months?
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 7:52pm
Hi

when do you expect to release?  Do you have a change list?
linum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 7:20am
Are there any news about the next release?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 4:20pm
DelNeto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DelNeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 6:17pm
We can expect support for dockwindows with the maximize button? Very useful on systems with dual monitor.
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 1:19pm
What about the here so often requested calendar taskbar - which still (and again) haven't made it into the 16 release.
Are you honestly planning to implement it someday?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic