Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to disable DPI awarness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to disable DPI awarness
    Posted: 03 June 2012 at 11:05am
In Version 15.3.1 CJ introduced DPI awarness for toolbar icons. This looks awful, like in Office 2007. How can I disable this new feature (it was gone in Office 2010).

Thanks
Fabian
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 8:48pm
Hi,

for gallerys we have added CXTPControlGallery::m_bAutoScaleDpi to enable/disable DPI awareness.

Could you please post a picture for which icons you want to disable DPI awareness?

Andre

Codejock support
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 1:42am
Hi Andre

I opened a ticket with two examples: 28690. I use simple toolbars without galleries etc. Working under VB6 with ActiveX!

Thanks
Fabian

ilya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 2:27pm
Fabian, replied to your ticket.
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 1:38am
Hi Ilya,

OK, thanks. I hope update with new property will be available soon.

Best Regards
Fabian

rmcmanamy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcmanamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 12:51pm
How was this posted back in June and still not resolved!

I agree this is completely horrible.  We upgraded to 15.3.1 to try to solve some other problems and now our VB6 interface looks horrible on machines where the user has the text size set to 125%.  It's basically unusable since it doesn't properly size images even.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in CodeJock that we have had to waste our time upgrading and now have to downgrade back the 15.1.3.  Paying for maintenance is a complete waste if we can't trust that the new versions work and that if there is a major problem like this that it's resolved in days or weeks, not months and still not resolved. 

Here's a screen capture of how horrible the new version looks.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX Unicode) version 22.0.0

Platform: Windows 11 (64bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0

ilya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:33am
Hi,

Now it's a user option to allow scaling
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 9:05am
Is it a user option in 15.3.1, or for the next release? If it is for 15.3.1, what option do I set to turn off icon scaling?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

grudy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 4:01pm
I still haven't seen a reply to this. I have had a support issue (#29789) open on this same problem for several months and still have not gotten a response. Is there an option we can set today in 15.3.1? in 15.4?
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2016 at 8:20am
When using CJ 17.3 and using gallery items with an icon and text, the icons are scaled to the DPI even the m_bAutoScaleDpi is set to FALSE?

In XTPControlGalleryPaintManager.cpp I find the following line:
CSize szImage(XTP_DPI_X(pImage->GetWidth()), XTP_DPI_Y(pImage->GetHeight()));

This does not look for the m_bAutoScaleDpi flag at all, scaling all icons in a gallery to the DPI, making the gallery items blurred.

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic