Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin Framework Crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirhaden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skin Framework Crash
    Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:37am
I have an MFC application that loads a non-MFC based ActiveX control by instantiating a new CWnd object and then using its CreateControl method.  When switching skins, the application crashes sometimes when switching skins.

The ActiveX control uses DirectShow and is a custom player control.  Based on the crashes and call stack, it appears that the skinning functionality is interfering with the DirectShow functionality.

I've tried using the ExcludeModule method on the skin manager to exclude all of my DLLs, including the custom ActiveX control DLL, quartz.dll, and several other DirectShow related DLLs, but the crashing continues.

I would like to exclude the CWnd object from skinning that hosts the custom ActiveX control via the CWnd::CreateControl method.  How would one exclude a specific instance of a CWnd object?

Or is there a better approach to prevent the skin framework from interfering with the custom ActiveX control and integrated DirectShow functionality and stop the application crashing?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic