Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > MarkupLabel Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canvas GetTop and SetTop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canvas GetTop and SetTop
    Posted: 27 March 2012 at 11:20pm
Hi!

The functions GetTop, GetLeft, GetRight and GetBottom from the MarkupCanvas object class are implemented as methods (sub) instead of functions. So they don't return the values and then they are useless.

And it appears that the methods SetTop, SetLeft... don't work too. At least for me I can't make them to work at run-time.

Any tips?

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.2.1
Platform: Windows XP SP2
Language: Visual Basic 6 SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 11:07am
Get methods returned void.  Fixed for next relese.  Don't see problem with Set method.  Please write support if try fix.  Give sample on how you use Set so I debug.
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 8:09pm
Hi Oleg!

I uploaded a program to test it. I can't move the rectangle and the border inside the canvas using the Set functions.

Here it is:

uploads/3733/TestCanvasSetFunctions.zip

Thanks in advance!

Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 12:47am
Hi All!

Did someone get to make the Set functions to work?
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 2:56am

Another discovery: when I set a MouseMove event to a Canvas element it only fires the event when the mouse is over a child element, the event is not fired when the mouse is moved over a empty space inside the canvas.

I need these features to make possible to the user to move elements inside a canvas using the mouse, like drag'n'drop.

Here is an example project:

When run, hold the mouse left button over some colored border element and then move it vertically. When the mouse is over the border we can move (in this case) the entire label control, but if we move the mouse to the right outside the border, then we can't move it anymore. The MouseMove event is not fired in this case.

The XAML code used can be checked inside the MarkupLabel Caption property.

Having the Set functions working and this event working we can implement this functionality. Hope you can do it.

Thanks in advance!

Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 5:12pm
Another related problem:

When we set a Cursor to a parent container (in this case a Border element) we expect that when the mouse is over it the cursor must be the specified one.

But what happens is that the cursor only changes when it is over a child element. If the mouse pointer is over an empty space inside the parent element, the cursor does not changes (and it is expected to change since the property was specified to the parent element).

Here is an example:

<Border Cursor='Hand'>
<Grid><Grid.ColumnDefinitions><ColumnDefinition Width='Auto'/><ColumnDefinition Width='*'/><ColumnDefinition Width='Auto'/></Grid.ColumnDefinitions><Grid.RowDefinitions><RowDefinition/><RowDefinition/></Grid.RowDefinitions>
<Image Grid.RowSpan='2' Width='20' VerticalAlignment='Center' Source='file://AnyTinyImageHere.png '/>
<TextBlock Grid.Column='1' Grid.Row='0' Margin='2, 0, 0, 0' Foreground='#404040'>%name%</TextBlock>
<TextBlock Grid.Column='1' Grid.Row='1' Margin='40, 0, 0, 0' Foreground='#a0a0a0'>%source%</TextBlock>
<Image Grid.Column='2' Grid.RowSpan='2' Width='20' Source='file://AnyTinyImageHere.png'/>
</Grid>
</Border>

In this case, the cursor only changes when the mouse is over any  TextBlock  or image element. If the mouse is above or bellow an image, or at the left of the second TextBlock, it remains the default.

Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 5:14pm
I tested now with a Canvas and the result is the same. To test it's only to replace the parent Border with a Canvas.
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 5:37pm
Interestingly, if we set a background on the parent element, it does work!

Changing the parent element to this:

<Border Background='White' Cursor='Hand'>

makes the cursor change to a Hand whenever the mouse is over the parent element.

But, this information is only to help you, since I need a transparent background... :/

Thanks in advance for any reply!
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 6:05pm
There is a lot of flickering in this example, when the mouse is over:

<Page>

<Page.Resources>

<Style TargetType="Grid">
            <Setter Property="Background" Value="White"/>
            <Style.Triggers>
                <Trigger Property="IsMouseOver" Value="True">
                    <Trigger.Setters>
                        <Setter Property="TextBlock.Visibility" Value="Hidden"/>
                        <Setter Property="Image.Visibility" Value="Visible"/>
                    </Trigger.Setters>
                </Trigger>
            </Style.Triggers>
        </Style>

</Page.Resources>

<Border Cursor='Hand'>
<Grid><Grid.ColumnDefinitions><ColumnDefinition Width='Auto'/><ColumnDefinition Width='*'/><ColumnDefinition Width='Auto'/></Grid.ColumnDefinitions><Grid.RowDefinitions><RowDefinition/><RowDefinition/></Grid.RowDefinitions>
<Image Grid.RowSpan='2' Width='20' VerticalAlignment='Center' Source='file://AnyTinyImage.png'/>
<TextBlock Grid.Column='1' Grid.Row='0' Margin='2, 0, 0, 0' Foreground='#404040'>%name%</TextBlock>
<TextBlock Grid.Column='1' Grid.Row='1' Margin='40, 0, 0, 0' Foreground='#a0a0a0'>%source%</TextBlock>
<Image Grid.Column='2' Grid.RowSpan='2' Width='20' Source='file://AnyTinyImage.png' Visibility='Hidden'/>
</Grid>
</Border>
</Page>

And I suspect that the reason is the same as before.

The trigger set the TextBlock Visibility to Hidden, and once it is hidden, the mouse is not more over a visible child element.

Note also that the property "Image.Visibility" is not changed. I suspect it is not supported, only TextBlocks. Am I right? Can they be supported?

Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2012 at 6:23pm
Oh sorry, now I realized that the parser does not uses the "TextBlock." and "Image." in the setter lines, it uses only the Visibility property, right? Because the entire Border is becoming invisible...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic