Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migrating to Suite Pro 15.2.1 on different PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcindc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migrating to Suite Pro 15.2.1 on different PC
    Posted: 26 March 2012 at 10:23am

After 2 years of getting outstanding results with Suite Pro controls, I am having a very hard time moving my development to v15.2.1 on a different PC and would greatly appreciate any assistance you all can offer. I have been developing on a 64-bit Win 7 PC running Suite Pro 13.2. Since I cannot get any release I build with it to successfully run on a 32-bit PC after ensuring all target platforms are x86 (I will try to figure that out later unless somebody has fool-proof instructions for troubleshooting it), I would like to move development back to my old 32-bit Win 7 laptop that always produced builds that appeared to install properly everywhere.

I recently installed Suite Pro 15.2.1 on that original laptop, ran the registrator to use Unicode, and built some quick test projects that worked fine. However, when I open the source code copied from my 64-bit PC, I receive over 100 errors that indicate:

Type ‘AxXtremeSuiteControls.AxXXXXX’ is not defined.

I am hoping somebody can provide a set of clear steps I can follow to get my source code to recognize the Suite Pro 15 controls so I can again build releases that install properly on all PCs. I should mention that this is the first time I installed the Unicode versions. Up to now I’ve been using the ANSI controls, but I intend to start localizing my software in different languages.

Thank you very much.

dcindc

Products: Xtreme Suite Pro ActiveX (v13.2)
Platform: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Language: Visual Basic .NET
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 9:13am
When you copied your project did you make sure you cleaned it?  Delete all temp files, .user, .suo, and open the .vbproj and be sure the version of the codejock controls is the same as you installed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic