Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proper way to subclass CXTPToolBar with member var
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proper way to subclass CXTPToolBar with member var

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuisinart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proper way to subclass CXTPToolBar with member var
    Posted: 12 March 2012 at 2:44pm

Hello, I have created a subclassed toolbar that adds its own CXTPControls in its OnCreate section, in order to keep this tidy and somewhat separate from MainFrm (no message processing in MainFrm from this toolbar).  It stores pointers to its controls as member variables, and handles LButtonDown clicks and HScrolls from user input.  Also, it's dyn declared with the macros DECLARE_XTP_COMMANDBAR and IMPLEMENT_XTP_COMMANDBAR as mentioned on this forum.

All seems to go well, except when loading toolbar states, the codejock framework somehow duplicates and destroys the created controls that the member variables point to.  I read on the forum that the Copy member function needs to be over-ridden, so I did this but it is never called.

For now, my solution has been to remove all controls and re-create them after the toolbar state has been loaded, so the controls are valid and the toolbar position is loaded from the last state.  However this isn't optimal..

What is the proper way to subclass a self-contained CXTPToolBar with new member variables (pointers to its self-created controls) without adding a bunch of message handlers to CMainFrame?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic