Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to allow gripping of the CXTPDialogBar title?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to allow gripping of the CXTPDialogBar title?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuisinart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to allow gripping of the CXTPDialogBar title?
    Posted: 03 March 2012 at 11:47pm
I've submitted a support request via the official channel, but it's been two weeks now and no response.  So, opening it up:

Has anyone found a way to allow the title bar of a dialogbar to be gripped?  I have created a few dialogbars, but so far the only way to move them is by gripping the tiny gripper dots at the top, not the whole title bar, which intuitively doesn't make sense from a user interface perspective.

Any help appreciated!

cuisinart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuisinart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 3:16am
I have found a hack-ish way, hoping a better method comes along soon:

In XTPToolBar.cpp:
OnLButtonDown:
 change m_pControls->HitTest(point) test line to:
CXTPControl *pControl = m_pControls->HitTest(point);
if ( pControl == NULL || (m_pControls->GetCount() == 2 && pControl == m_pControls->GetAt(1)) )//CControlCaptionPopup)

then in the function OnSetCursor, under if (IsDialogBar()) change:
rcGripper.right = rcGripper.left + rcBorder.left + szGripper.cx;

to:

if ( ((CXTPDialogBar*)this)->m_bCaptionVisible)
rcGripper.right -= 20;
else
rcGripper.right = rcGripper.left + rcBorder.left + szGripper.cx;
(also include XTPDialogBar.h at the top)

Of course, the OnLButtonDown change only works if only DialogBars have two controls embedded.  This is true for my app but if yours has a toolbar with, say, 2 buttons only then it probably won't work right.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 1:37pm
what was the issue#?
cuisinart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuisinart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 2:08pm
Hi, the submission I had in was 28048, it's on a different subject.  I had been waiting for that one to be resolved before adding others, like this.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by cuisinart cuisinart wrote:

Hi, the submission I had in was 28048, it's on a different subject.  I had been waiting for that one to be resolved before adding others, like this.

OK, please don't post misleading information.  On the other issue we need your app or sample to reproduce.

For THIS issue open a ticket and I'll attach the fix.
cuisinart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuisinart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 2:28pm
Ok, thank you for your fast response.  The other issue I was waiting 2 weeks to get a reply before submitting this one, I didn't hear back until a phone call was placed yesterday, then they requested a sample which I am preparing.  

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic