Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Translations and static linking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Translations and static linking
    Posted: 01 February 2012 at 9:00am
I use satellite dlls to implement GUI translations. But with a fallback mechanism to use the main executable when a resource is not found in a satellite dll. So I can basically register multiple hinstance values which are searched until the resource is found. That helps to save space when e.g. images are the same in all languages, so they reside only in the main executable.

My modules link statically to MFC and codejock and I would like to avoid having to include all codejock resources in every satellite dll.

Currently my main concern are Ribbon resouces like it context menu, min/max and help buttons.
Can I change those texts after the ribbon was created?

What would I need to do to extract part of the toolkit resources in different languages to incorporate them into my satellite dlls and how do I make the toolkit aware of my satellite dlls?
I would need that if I start allowing my useres to customize the ribbon through the toolkit customize dialog.
--
SvenC

Toolkit Pro 15.3.1, 16.2.4, 16.3.1, 16.4.0, 17.2.0, 17.3.0, 18.0.1, 18.2 with VC++ 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic