Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Registry Setting Changing with Skin on Windows 7
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Registry Setting Changing with Skin on Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAdauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Registry Setting Changing with Skin on Windows 7
    Posted: 08 November 2011 at 2:38pm
We have a large MDI parent/child application that we have added this skin control to.  It has 140+ child forms.  I have added the skin control to the MDI parent and call the LoadSkin and ApplyFramework methods.  When run on XP or any other OS besides Windows 7, this project works find. However, when we run this project on Windows 7, our registry settings are getting changed/not read.

One of the first things our app does is search the registry settings for our db name, user password, etc.  If that setting is not found or unable to be read, it will default this to TRAINSERVER. 

In my testing, I found that on Windows 7, it was putting TRAINSERVER every time the skin was applied.  I originally called the LoadSkin and ApplyFramework in Form_Load of the Mdi parent.  It reset our registry setting every time.   Then I changed the code to call it from a command click after the MDI parent was loaded.  Since our app was loaded, you would think it would work, but it reset our registry settings immediately following the ApplyFramework and therefore our app would not retrieve data.

I realize it is a large project with lots of forms.  Maybe there is a delay in applying the skin to all forms and it is causing a conflict in our code to read the registry settings?  Or maybe there are registry settings for the actual control and it is conflicting with ours?  Please help me. I have sent at least 4 messages to the support portal since Oct 19th and HAVE NOT gotten a single response.   I need to know if there is some solution to this problem. asap!

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 9:24am
Answered in support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic