Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[QUESTION] StatusBar and multiple Commandbars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [QUESTION] StatusBar and multiple Commandbars
    Posted: 26 July 2011 at 1:43pm
Hi,

Is there a way to have multiple Commandbars and have only one Statusbar in mainform?
I have more than one Commandbars control on a form (same reason as with the DockingPanes with PictureBox <> Form issue I started in Controls forum) and I would like to show user some info about the buttons on the toolbars when hovered.

If this can't be done, is there a way to create different toolbars and "attach" them to the proper PictureBox (or DockingPane) If this means that I have only Commandbars control so be it... Minor issue Wink

Thanks a lot in advance

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 3:56am
Aaron,

I believe you should be able to use many CommandBars and only one StatusBar. In my Projects I usually split out how I build up my GUI and create a reference to the StatusBar so I can get click events and what not from it. That way I can always then reference it.

Below is a small snippet of code form a project of mine that shows how you can create a StatusBar on a form, make it public and with events.

Public WithEvents MyStatusBar As XtremeCommandBars.StatusBar

Private Sub CreateStatusBar()
    ' Set up the Statusbar Style
    Dim Pane As StatusBarPane
    Set StatusBar = CommandBars.StatusBar
        StatusBar.Visible = True
        StatusBar.RibbonDividerIndex = 2

Set Pane = StatusBar.AddPane(0)
    Set Pane = StatusBar.AddPane(ID_INDICATOR_FORECASTCOUNT)
        Pane.BeginGroup = True
        Pane.Button = True
        Pane.Text = vbNullString
        Pane.Width = 0
        Pane.Visible = False

Set Pane = StatusBar.AddPane(ID_INDICATOR_NONFORECASTCOUNT)
        Pane.BeginGroup = True
        Pane.Text = vbNullString
        Pane.Width = 0
        Pane.Visible = False

Set Pane = StatusBar.AddPane(ID_INDICATOR_CAPS)
        Pane.BeginGroup = True

Set Pane = StatusBar.AddPane(ID_INDICATOR_NUM)
    Set Pane = StatusBar.AddPane(ID_INDICATOR_SCRL)

Set MyStatusBar = StatusBar
End Sub

As for creating CommandBars then attaching them to PictureBoxes (or DockingPanes) I am not sure if that can be done as like you I have always used multiple instances of the CommandBars control to do just that. Would be nice if this could be done though.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
younicke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younicke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 6:01am
in my case there are times that i use commandbars on other forms... and the way that i do to show the hint on the statusbar of the main form is by using this commandbars event

supposing this is your commandbar on other form

Private Sub CBarsOtherForm_ControlSelected(ByVal Control As XtremeCommandBars.ICommandBarControl)
    If Not Control Is Nothing Then
        'display hint here using the control.descriptiontext...
        frmMain.CommandBars.StatusBar.Pane(1).Text = Control.DescriptionText
    Else
         frmMain.CommandBars.StatusBar.Pane(1).Text = "Ready..."
    End If
End Sub
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 8:19am
Hi,

Thanks for both replies Wink

I guess this isn't going to be solved in an easy way...

Alexander: Do you have Commandbars for every form? Do you happen to use DockingPanes as well? Yes:How do you add toolbars to these panes? NO:Question for other users, how do you add toolbars to panes (Single Commandbar or same as me multiple Commandbars)?  

Allan: I guess this would be the easiest solution, it does work and easy to implement, just add ControlSelected event handler (for every used Commandbars) and copy/paste code Wink

Thanks a lot

Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 8:52am
Aaron,

I try an use CommandBars only on forms were I don't want the ToolBar on the Main form (MDI App) to have the options.

younicke's is what I meant from my code snippet, the only difference being it that you can use the WithEvents in my code to fire button clicks if you require that code in the StatusBar.

I looked into using one CommandBar and trying to place menus that where floating into containers like PictureBoxes, DockingPanes etc but this didn't work as the CommandBars.AttachToWindow attaches the CommandBar control, not the separate toolbar or menubar Unhappy
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
younicke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younicke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 9:24am
u really have to use a separate commandbars for docking panes Cry there's no other way
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 10:16am
Hi,

Seems we can't have it all... Would be nice though, if CodeJock would add such thing. I was fiddling around with SetParent API and I'm able to reposition the toolbar but that's all. You can't drag toolbar around and width is calculated from the pane where the toolbar originally was located Ouch Now, I wouldn't mind if the toolbars weren't dragable but the width is a problem. Is there someone who has an idea or two?

CodeJock support? Any ideas? Future implementations?

Thanks a lot in advance

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic