Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VC++

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VC++
    Posted: 28 February 2005 at 3:30am

I would like to know what are back pointers in VC++ and its importance.Please try to explain it with a code snippet.I would also like to know sites for tutorials on VC++ using MFC.The site must allow me for a free download of books either in pdf format or html pages interlinked together.I would like to have a reply within 1 day.Please contact me on padsuday@rediffmail.com

udayp
xred View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 11:56pm
www.codeguru.com
dennisV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 4:03am
Originally posted by uday uday wrote:

I would like to know what are back pointers in VC++ and its importance.Please try to explain it with a code snippet.I would also like to know sites for tutorials on VC++ using MFC.The site must allow me for a free download of books either in pdf format or html pages interlinked together.I would like to have a reply within 1 day.Please contact me on padsuday@rediffmail.com

You're a demanding fella, aren't you?  There's also codeproject.com and don't forget about Google as well. The best way to learn anything is to try it out and study from your mistakes, not demand something from those who own you nothing, really...

// W7 64 Ultimate SP1
// VS 2008
// CodeJock 16.2.3 (MFC)
upashu1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upashu1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 4:46am
Back pointer is just like that  your father has  your pointer to watch you or to change your contents, and he is also passing his address to you to inform you.  suppose  the case of linked list, where a list is list of pointers to object. list can remove the object or can change the contents of object.  if it is required to notify object  - who is modifying him or who is removing /maintianing him, object may have pointer to the owner list. And since this pointer points back to list, it is back pointer. It is one general case. back pointer is general term.

bye
upashu1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic