Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Class not Registered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Class not Registered
    Posted: 13 June 2011 at 8:43am
First let me say that the vb.net sample project provided by CodeJock works fine and as expected.
My environment is Visual Studio 2008 working with .NET 3.5 running a VB.NET project
I have tried to mimick the references and controls from the sample project into my own project with no success.

I am able to place a PropertyGrid control on my form but as soon as i load that form I get the "Class not Registered" error. Below is the trace:

InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
       ErrorCode=-2147221164
       Message="Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"
       Source="System.Windows.Forms"
       StackTrace:
            at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)
            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
            at EngraveProX5.NewPreferences.InitializeComponent() in C:\Users\johnson\Documents\My Dropbox\EngravePro.NET\Projects\Production\EngraveProX5\EngraveProX5\Forms\NewPreferences.designer.vb:line 231
            at EngraveProX5.NewPreferences..ctor()
       InnerException:

I am pretty much at a loss at this point as to whats wrong and would appreciate any feedback to help me possibly find a solution.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 1:35am
Do you have x64 OS ?

Try reproduce it with new project and attach here to check what you do wrong.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
GeeSix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 11:14am
No this is on a 32-bit.

I started a new project and I dont have this issue. This is why I am at a loss as to why its happening in my other project.
GeeSix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 11:16am
If I try to perfomr the same steps to add the property grid control to a fomr in my application, the first message i get is: Failed to import the ActiveX Control. Please ensure it is properly registered.
GeeSix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 9:30am
Bump
netjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 2:41pm
I just downloaded the eval version of SuitePro ActiveX 2011 and was trying to build one of their sample C# .NET programs on Visual Studio 2008 on a Win7 box and got the same error.

You need to make sure the project Platform type is x86 for either Debug or Release to properly build.  If you still get errors, make sure that the ActiveX controls are registered with your system - use the COM Registrator that comes installed with Codejock's software.

Hope this helps.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 9:07am
By default  .NET is set to "Any CPU", like said previously, be sure it is x86 for the eval.  In the retail you can use x64 ocx if you wish.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic