Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Access 2003 design view + OCX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syndalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Access 2003 design view + OCX
    Posted: 18 April 2011 at 5:54pm

Xtreme Calendar ActiveX control 11.1.3

Win XP SP3

Access 2003

I have an Access 2k3 application that uses 3 instances of this control on its startup form. I am currently setting up a small development environment that makes use of 2 versions of this application: One for testing and one for development.

While setting these applications up today I started receiving a licensing error when entering into the Design View mode for either application: "You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX control"

The error appeared to nullify the licensing even when returning to Form View. I DO have a license and it worked fine up until today when I tried to make some minor changes to the application.

I have tried re-installing the OCX, re-registering it,etc. but I keep encountering the Design View error. This is exactly where I need the license to work so that I can make changes to the application and review and test them without having to jump through hoops to get anything done.

What is the checklist of things to look out for to get this working? If it involves purchasing an update to my license then I am open to that as well.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 11:26am
Try deleting and re-adding the control after you have re-registered it.
syndalis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syndalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 1:59pm
SuperMario,

Thanks for the response.

I got this resolved now. I had to reactivate the license, re-install the software, and register the OCX via the COM Registrator app. After that the problem cleared up.

BGV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic