Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Left align edit fields in menus and track pop ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Left align edit fields in menus and track pop ups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Left align edit fields in menus and track pop ups
    Posted: 01 April 2011 at 10:02am
If you have multiple CXTPControlEdit and CXTPControlComboBox controls, how do you left-align all the edit fields. I thought that the SetLabelWidth did the trick, but it does not seem to work on CXTPCommandBars::TrackPopupMenu, and in menus. See the Custom Themes Sample shows how bad it looks, when the Test menu is selected.

When used as part of a Ribbon, a method is called CXTPRibbonGroup::ArrangeEditCaption, which I think does it for the Ribbon?

This is really needed!

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 3:04am
I would like to answer this question again!

I a CommandBar Track Menu I cannot get Edit controls to be aligned correctly.

If I add two CXTPControlEdit controls after each other I get the upper case in the picture below. The Edit fields have different sizes and is not left aligned.
What I want is the lower case where the Edit fields have the same size and is both left and right aligned.
I expected that the SetLabelWidth would force the label to have a certain size. What I see is that this has no effect if I set the labels using SetCaption on the control. But if I use ShowLabel it uses the text from the ID given. Using SetWidth on the control does not have any effect either on the alignment.

Please what to do!

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic