Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mDI Floating pane positions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mDI Floating pane positions
    Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:43am

Hi

I want to use the Docking Panes within my MDI application.  Each MDI Child form will have two or three docking panes (initially docked) attached to it.

For users with enough screen space, or possibly two screens, I want to be able to let them float some of the panes away from the child.

I have the basics of that working fine.  The docking panes are brilliant by the way, so easy to create a wonderfully rich and professional loking interface.

However, if I float one of my panes, called Tree, from Child1 (say) and then switch to Child2 I still see the floating Tree pane for Child1 which is fair enough.  The equivalent Tree pane for Child2 is still docked, which is also fine.

I altered the code to set all of Child1's panes to hidden when Child2 is activated which got around the problem above but then when I switch back to Child1 the floating pane re-docks itself.

I would like the panes to remember where there were so the users can switch back and forth and have each Child maintain its own pane positions.

I was a bit surprised that setting/unsetting Hidden caused the floating pane to re-dock.  Is that expected behaviour?

Is so, can I overirde it without having to code lots of positional 'memory' variables against each pane.

I am fairly new to the docking pane controls and have tried a search for this issue but couldn't find a similar problem.

Thanks

Simon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic