Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ImageManager: Not Working At All in VB6 IDE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ImageManager: Not Working At All in VB6 IDE
    Posted: 07 March 2011 at 10:28am
Hello,

For some reason, I can't seem to get the ImageManager control to work on my machine at all.  Whether I choose to add a .PNG, .BMP or new image ID, nothing happens when I click on Apply or the OK button.  Can someone please confirm or look into?  Thanks.
     Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
     Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
     Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 11:35am
What you do? Where you choose?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
tfrancois View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 12:23pm
Oleg,

I'm sorry...I don't understand the question?  And thank you for replying so quickly...
tfrancois View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 12:25pm
I think I know what you meant now...I am trying to use the ImageManager control by adding an instance from the VB toolbox.  I was not referring to the ImageManager object available in most of the Xtreme global controls.  Does that help?
tfrancois View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 12:17am
Oleg (or Support team)...

Any idea on what the problem is with the ImageManager control?  I'm still perplexed as to why it won't load any images at all at design-time.  Is this really a bug or something I'm doing wrong?
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 10:05am
He means list all the exact steps you do.  We've tested and can load at design-time no problem.  Do yo uload single images? Or from a image list (if so, be sure to click on right image)?
Maybe a small video will help.
SeungMina View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeungMina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:56am
Not sure if it's the same thing, but I often have problems loading or editing images with ImageManager in the VB6 IDE.

The problem is that all the popup dialogs for file open, edit etc in the Image Manager are displayed offscreen. When this happens I have to press Alt-space then M, to blindly select "Move" on the dialog form's control box. I can then bring the dialog back onscreen using cursor keys and/or mouse.

It's intermittent, but once it starts it will happen continuously. Some time later it might (!) revert to "normal" behaviour.

I generally see this in a virtual machine that's running Windows 2000.
TomasS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomasS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:27am
Took me a while to figure out how to use that one too. What I had to understand (that is not obvious to a first time user) is that you have to create an Icon ID first using the "new" button. When creating the ID you must also know that it is expecting a numeric value, strings will be ignored (not obvious to a first time user). Then you can use the Import and Export button, select import from file. When the file is selected I also had to understand (not obvious for a first time user) that I have to click the image and then select an ID from the dropdown below before clicking the Import button. (The import button should not be enabled until relevant in my opinion)
Not sure this is relevant in this particular case though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic