Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tutorials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clintsinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorials
    Posted: 15 May 2003 at 6:39pm

I am trying to learn how to use the codejock library and am getting a little frustrated.  While the samples are fantastic in showing what can be done it is quite difficult to dig out the relevant information.  I would like to see some step by step tutorials offered on the website.

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2003 at 11:02am

Hello,

This is an excellent idea, and we are very interesed in pursuing this.  If you have any ideas please feel free to contact support@codejock.com and we will be more than happy to work with you regarding this.  In the meantime, the knowledge base is also a good place to look for help in getting started.

Best regards,
Codejock Support

Mike D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2004 at 9:51pm

Hello,

I should suggest that CodeJock should use RoboDemo from http://www.macromedia.com to record and play back for tutorial. Instead people have to read ton of text, you could easily watch it.

Mike D

ddyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2004 at 8:25am

I would suggest a readme file with each sample.  Describe whats relevant, discuss the tips or tricks the developer used.  This way, the purpose of the sample may be made more apparent to the user.

Now Im not talking about a readme.txt for say, the listctrl sample that says "demo of listctrl".  It also demonstrates using a resizedialog, some of that obtuse header subclassing, the colorpicker, etc.

The common/advanced sample has all kinds of stuff that could be pointed out.  For example it uses the OnKickIdle feature for getting toolbars to work in a dialog.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic