Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

two different cjstyles on same form (vb6)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auto160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: two different cjstyles on same form (vb6)
    Posted: 26 February 2011 at 3:40pm
i have two different cjstyles for two different PushButtons on the same form, when using the following code i get both buttons skinned the same no matter what, i try single SkinFramework control then two but no joy.. i obviously missing something Smile  

SkinFramework.LoadSkin App.Path & "\Green.cjstyles", ""
    SkinFramework.ApplyWindow btnGreen.hWnd

SkinFramework2.LoadSkin App.Path & "\Blue.cjstyles", ""
    SkinFramework2.ApplyWindow BtnBlue.hWnd

thank you much in advance!
Cheers,
A.
auto160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auto160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 3:02pm
okay, still no joy but got some progress, my goal is to to have a few different skins for some buttons on my form, as a proof of concept  i have made a cjstyles file with two schema's in it (Green & Blue):

the code is something like this (although i've tried many different syntax with no success):

SkinFramework1.LoadSkin App.Path & "\Buttons.cjstyles", "Green.ini"
  SkinFramework1.ApplyWindow btnGreen.hWnd

Set MyBlueSchema = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Buttons.cjstyles", "Blue.ini")
   SkinFramework1.SetWindowTheme BtnBlue.hWnd, MyBlueSchema

the results are that the two buttons are always skinned as per the LoadSkin command.

i found a sample published by Oleg on how to use the CreateSchema so i know the code should work if the cjstyles was designed properly which, i guess, is not the case Cry

please please help me understand this.

thank you all!

BTW - is there any tutorial or help for the Skin Builder?

Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 4:35am
Hi,

What you are trying to do is not possible!

The code .ApplyWindow applies the Skin to the Form and all controls, not just a control. Therefore you can't have two different styles running concurrently! 
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
auto160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auto160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 4:52am
thx for your reply.

it can be done, here's a sample published by Oleg in an earlier post i found in my search for solution: uploads/6647/20090309_032441_Skins1.zip 
in that project there are three buttons using two different skins...

said that, i now guess that the problem is in the way i implemented the cjstyles, by not define the NormalSize  i have not kept the integrity of the cjstyles file... anyways, i'm keep on trying.. Embarrassed

Best,
A.
auto160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auto160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 7:03am
well.... still no joy Cry

i edit the cjstyles with NormalSize:

still, cant manage to set one button as green and the other as blue.. i'm lost in space now.. any thoughts?? here's the skin project: uploads/6647/20090309_032441_Skins1.zip
auto160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auto160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 8:05am
this drives me nuts!!!!Confused

now i know for sure that the problem is with the cjstyles file, let me proof it for you all:

this is the office2007.cjstyles file provided by codejock: uploads/6647/Office2007.rar

using vb6 create a form with three buttons and using the following code you'll get 3 different skinned buttons:

SkinFramework1.LoadSkin App.Path & "\Office2007.cjstyles", ""
SkinFramework1.ApplyWindow Me.hWnd

Set skinSchemaBlue = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Office2007.cjstyles", "LightBlue.INI")
SkinFramework1.SetWindowTheme Command1.hWnd, skinSchemaBlue

Set skinSchemaAqua = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Office2007.cjstyles", "NormalAqua.INI")
SkinFramework1.SetWindowTheme Command2.hWnd, skinSchemaAqua

Set skinSchemaSilver = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Office2007.cjstyles", "NormalSilver.INI")
SkinFramework1.SetWindowTheme Command3.hWnd, skinSchemaSilver

so i'm quite sure that the problem is with the cjstyles file i build using the Skin Builder which has no help nor tutorial?! what gives??? anyways.. any help appreciated..

Best,
A.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 3:34am
Hi,

Attach your Buttons.skinproj and all images to check where you are.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
auto160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auto160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 3:44am
Hi Oleg,
Thank you for your reply, here's the project: uploads/6647/Buttons.rar
looking forward to your help!! 
Best,
A.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:25am
If you look at our skin MDI sample open it and add this to the frmDialogBar form for a different skin for each button on that form:

Private Sub Form_Load()

Dim skinSchemaTemp As SkinSchema

Set skinSchemaTemp = fMainForm.SkinFramework.CreateSchema(App.Path + "..\..\..\..\SkinFramework\Styles\Office2007.cjstyles", "NormalBlack.INI")
    fMainForm.SkinFramework.SetWindowTheme cmdColorDialog.hWnd, skinSchemaTemp

Set skinSchemaTemp = fMainForm.SkinFramework.CreateSchema(App.Path + "..\..\..\..\SkinFramework\Styles\WinXP.Luna.cjstyles", "NormalBlue.INI")
    fMainForm.SkinFramework.SetWindowTheme cmdOpenDialog.hWnd, skinSchemaTemp

Set skinSchemaTemp = fMainForm.SkinFramework.CreateSchema(App.Path + "..\..\..\..\SkinFramework\Styles\Office2007.cjstyles", "NormalSilver.INI")
    fMainForm.SkinFramework.SetWindowTheme cmdPrintDialog.hWnd, skinSchemaTemp

Set skinSchemaTemp = fMainForm.SkinFramework.CreateSchema(App.Path + "..\..\..\..\SkinFramework\Styles\WinXP.Luna.cjstyles", "NormalHomestead.INI")
    fMainForm.SkinFramework.SetWindowTheme cmdFontDialog.hWnd, skinSchemaTemp

End Sub

And in main form:
Private Sub MDIForm_Load()
    SkinFramework.LoadSkin App.Path + "..\..\..\..\SkinFramework\Styles\Office2007.cjstyles", "NormalBlue.ini"
    SkinFramework.ApplyWindow Me.hWnd
End Sub
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:28am
Also you only use 1 instance of skin framework like in the sample.  For it to work you must apply a skin to the to the app like in the sample, only then will skinning individual objects work.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 6:46am
Actually you made all right. Only name of ini in your code should be "NormalBlue.ini" and "NormalGreen.ini"

so such code works for me

Private Sub Form_Load()

' Main application skin    
    SkinFramework1.LoadSkin App.Path & "\Codejock.cjstyles", ""

Set MyBlueSchema = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Buttons.cjstyles", "NormalBlue.ini")
   SkinFramework1.SetWindowTheme Command1.hWnd, MyBlueSchema

Set MyBlueSchema = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Buttons.cjstyles", "NormalGreen.ini")
   SkinFramework1.SetWindowTheme Command2.hWnd, MyBlueSchema

End Sub

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
auto160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auto160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2011 at 4:46am
thx oleg!
Best,
A.
2bit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 8:18am
dear, my name is Marco. Using vb6 command button on the prj sample there is not problem.
Using Codejock pushbutton the SetWindowTheme does not apply the right schema and pushbutton keeps the global skin loaded  with the loadskin method. What may be the problem?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 4:49pm
try using XP or default theme for the push button, then apply skin
2bit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 2:02am
it's not ok. the pushbutton receives from SkinFramework.loadSkin the global skin, but when I apply single SetWindowTheme... it ignores command.
this is the code: a sample with 48 windows command button  and a pushbutton.
I have modify Office2007 skin to have an added skin named "redskin.ini" 

Private Sub Form_Load()

SkinFramework1.LoadSkin App.Path & "\Office20071.cjstyles", "LightBlue.INI"

Dim i As Integer

For i = 0 To 47
    If i Mod 3 = 0 Then
        Set skinSchema(i) = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Office20071.cjstyles", "LightBlue.INI")
    ElseIf i Mod 3 = 1 Then
        Set skinSchema(i) = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Office20071.cjstyles", "NormalAqua.INI")
    ElseIf i Mod 3 = 2 Then
        Set skinSchema(i) = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Office20071.cjstyles", "Redskin.ini")
    End If

SkinFramework1.SetWindowTheme Command1(i).hWnd, skinSchema(i)
Next

Set skinSchema(48) = SkinFramework1.CreateSchema(App.Path & "\Office20071.cjstyles", "Redskin.INI")

SkinFramework1.SetWindowTheme PushButton1.hWnd, skinSchema(48)
    PushButton1.Appearance = PushButton1.Appearance

End Sub

2bit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 12:25pm
have you got any idea about this problem?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 9:47am
Sorry, it after going through the code it appears this isn't possible with the push buttons.  You would need to use regular command buttons to do this.
2bit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 9:51am
there is a way to pay a customization?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic