Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Chart Pro Toolbar Icons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Chart Pro Toolbar Icons
    Posted: 17 February 2011 at 5:52pm
To help developers better integrate the Chart Pro with other Codejock components such as the Commandbars we are providing icons for each chart type that can be used in a Ribbon Gallery, toolbars or anything else that you want to represent a chart with.

For each chart type there is an ICO containing all image sizes and separate PNG files for each size. Sizes include: 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 128x128 and 256x256. A screenshot of the icons included is displayed below.

Visit this link to download them:
http://codejock.com/downloads/samples/charticons.asp
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2011 at 6:01pm
Very nice, thanks!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:18am
Thanks for this, it's appreciated!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:28am
Brilliant - will add a great touch to my project
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.1
Platform: Windows 7 (64 Bit) Ultimate
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 7:17am

Hi,

It's great that the images are created (in all sizes) but I don't like some of the used colors. Maybe I'm able to use the images and change the colors myself. I don't want to sound ungratefull but I already created images using the ChartControl itself (great rendering engine!!!, just difficult to get proper size...) I have only created 32x32 for my own needs and I have to say it looks great AND I have images that are unique... well almost Wink 

Just for the record... MFC users should love these images LOL

But thank you for sharing !!!

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2

Zero replies is not an option....
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 7:40am
Aaron,

I too did something similar for another project were I was using Charts on a Company Intranet. Like you said it was a fiddly process but I found it best to get the chart size to a 256x256 size then using the free icons application IcoFX this allowed me to create all different sizes from the 256x256 icons.

But the more icons the better in my books!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Xander75 Xander75 wrote:

Aaron,

I too did something similar for another project were I was using Charts on a Company Intranet. Like you said it was a fiddly process but I found it best to get the chart size to a 256x256 size then using the free icons application IcoFX this allowed me to create all different sizes from the 256x256 icons.

But the more icons the better in my books!

Hi Alexander,

And I thought I was the only clever guy... LOL

Well, you are right <But the more icons the better in my books!> I have to say the icons are drawn in one 'style' only the colors don't match. I would have chosen a different 'palette' but who knows (if I'm in a good mood and have more time) I will 're-design' them Wink

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 2:49pm
What other color set you guys wanting?  I might be willing to do 1 or 2 more sets.  Lets here what people have to say first and agree on at least 1 alternative color set.
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:44pm
I'm partial to the Danville palette. But something less pastelle-like and a bit more primary would be nice (not a critical requirement for me or anything, but if you are doing another set then I would appreciate it).

Thanks again.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 3:07am
Hi,

If you are going to create another set, I believe democratie is best way to pick a color/palette for the icons and the icons with the most votes will be selected for another set. It would be nice if you uploaded few 'candidates' (one icon (32x32) with style 1, style 2 and style 3 ...) and let member decide what is best looking set.

I only uploaded image of the icons I like to see (except the Danville, sorry Jason, I only added it to see difference Wink) Maybe they don't look so great if the same colors are going to be used because now it looks same as ChartControl renders it and current icons look differently... If you are into primairy colors I guess "Office" palette looks pretty nice...

I would have to see the icons anyway to decide if they 'match' with the visual style (and add them to my own application and see how it looks) before judging them when only seeing the icons in explorer.

Just for fun I added the icons in a toolbar with a skinstyle and it doesn't look so bad as I mentioned in one of the previous replies. But then again, without a blue-ish background it doesn't look that great. So another set would be greatly appreciated Wink

Thanks a lot

Simon HB9DRV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon HB9DRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 3:18am
IMO Office or Danville, both are 'the best' :)
Simon HB9DRV
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 5:18am
I agree with Simon, Office or Danville get my vote
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.1
Platform: Windows 7 (64 Bit) Ultimate
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 4:26pm
Office is nice as well, so Danville & Office get my votes.

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 5:36am
No news regarding this? Different sets of icons would be great!
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 5:22am
No new icons? Can't wait much longer :P

Danville/Office ftw!
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic