Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to combine the chartpro with vs 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to combine the chartpro with vs 2010
    Posted: 14 February 2011 at 8:48pm

I just bought the chartpro V15.0.1 from codejock. Then I installed it on my desktop. Operating system is window7 64bit. I use visual studio 2010 to build a MFC based application. To combine the chartpro. I add the source and lib to the project property. Source is added in the include, lib is included in the linker additional library. The whole project is built successfully, but when when I executed it without debugging. It failed due to the line 284 of xptchartappearce.cpp. when I executed it with debugging, then it complains it cannot open or find pdb files. I don't know what is wrong with my procedure. Is there anyone who can give an example about how to use VS 2010 to build a chartpro by statically linking. The loaded software only have lib files without dll. so I think i include "source" and "lib" to my project property is enough. Is there anything else I need to do? thanks for your help! Still I don't understand the deployment wizard function. When should i use it? is there any help files about this?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 2:35am
Hi,

Don't include our source to your project.   Add

#define _XTP_STATICLINK
#include "XTChartPro.h"

and it will be linked statically automatically.

Please start from our samples. Do you see problems here ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Jing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 9:47am

Oleg, thanks for your reply!

According to your suggestion, I deleted all the include and add library links on my project property. and #define _XTP_STATICLINK in front of "XTChartPro.h", the complier complains that "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'XTChartPro.h': No such file or directory". according to my understanding, the Deployment Wizard has already put the ChartPro to visual studio 2010 path.
Please just let me how I should use your software correctly. I would appreciate! Thanks!
Jing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 11:22am
Oleg, Do you mean I have to start with the samples in your software to build my project?
If I build a project directly from visual studio 2010 and save it in my document folder/visual studio2010/projects. What is wrong with it? If like this, how can I use your software. No matter dynamically linking or statically linking, please tell me a way to use your classes.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 1:01pm
Hi,

No, I mean start from samples to check ChartPro featres.

Please open Properties of your Project

go to Configuration Properties->VC++ Directories and add
path to Source folder in Include  Directories 
path to Lib\vc100 in Library directories

Oleg, Support Team
Jing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 2:15pm

Oleg, I think what you mention is the deployment wizard supposed to do, why should I do that again? Yeah, I follow you advice to add source and lib/vc100 to vc++ directories. It still complains about the XTPAppearance.cpp line 284. I have already spent too much time on this. If this is a simple problem for you, could you just directly let me how to set up a project with visual studio 2010 step by step which can use chartpro correctly. I bought the software, but I still cannot use it. thanks!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 3:49pm
Hi,

Sorry, last step.

Add in res\[app].rc2 file line
#include "XTChartPro.rc"
Oleg, Support Team
Jing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 3:51pm

Oleg, I think what you mention is the deployment wizard supposed to do, why should I do that again? Yeah, I follow you advice to add source and lib/vc100 to vc++ directories. It still complains about the XTPAppearance.cpp line 284. I have already spent too much time on this. If this is a simple problem for you, could you just directly let me how to set up a project with visual studio 2010 step by step which can use chartpro correctly. I bought the software, but I still cannot use it. thanks!

Jing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 3:52pm
Add in res\[app].rc2 file line
#include "XTChartPro.rc"
doesn't work.
Jing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 3:57pm
Oleg, I am really tied up with my project. Also, I really spent too much time on try all kinds of solutions you supplied. If you don't mind, to save the time for both of us, just tell me the right way to use chartpro from visual studio 2010 step by step. This is the simplest way to deal with this issue. I don't have time to try all kinds of solutions. And also, I believe I am asking the basic question of your software. How to use it??????
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 4:07pm
Hello, 

Where you now with your appliaction ?

So it now compile, linked but when you run it you see ASSERT message ?
Just to be sure instead [app].rc2  you used real name of your rc2 file ?

Oleg, Support Team
Jing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 5:41pm

of course, it used the real name of my rc2 file. It complied, builed, when I executed it, then see the assert messages. "Debug Assertion Failed! Program: ...\File:c:\program files (*86)\codejock software\mfc\streme chart pro v15.0.1\source\chart\appearance\xtpchartappearance.cpp Line 284" I think I repeated this issues for many many times.

Jing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2011 at 5:19pm

Find a very useful link discussing about how to migrate to visual studio 2010 when the deployment wizard doesn't do its job well.

Smile

ocoralan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocoralan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 8:32pm
Oh, Jing, I don't think this is the problem of Codejock, the chart control is very powerful and it is very easy to use. I had ever met the same question as you, but I solved it. Perhaps you should follow my solution.
Just add one line in the fuction InitInstance in file xxx.cpp. The xxx is your application name.
    AfxOleInit();
Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic