Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pvComObject is NULL error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikhilkumar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pvComObject is NULL error
    Posted: 18 January 2011 at 4:13am
Hi,

on one of the XP machine i'm getting following error "COM object method invocation error. Attempt to use object before it's been initialized, pvComObject is NULL." while opening (dataflex) VDF14.1 application.

same application works fine on other machine so this should be windows machine specific.

studio indicates that it is something to do with codejocks -SigCjW_DockingPane.pkg file.

error is on line "Get ComProperty of (phDispatchDriver(Self)) 5 OLE_VT_BOOL to retVal". if i comment this line then error disappears. i'm using SigCodejock Wrapper 13.2.1 on VDF14.1

{ MethodType=Property DesignTime=False }
    Function ComClosed Returns Boolean
        Boolean retVal
        Get ComProperty of (phDispatchDriver(Self)) 5 OLE_VT_BOOL to retVal
        Function_Return retVal
    End_Function

any idea as to how to resolve this problem.

thanks,
nikhil
Ian Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:14am
Hi

This is an issue with the VDF SIG Dataflex classes not with the code jock controls. Please repost on the Dataaccess VDF SIG forum (http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/forum.php).

The normal cause of errors like this is the COM control not being properly registered on the target computer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic