Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

System button on ribbon loaded from designer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System button on ribbon loaded from designer
    Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:03am
I've created a ribbon using the Command Bars Designer and exported it as an XML file. The ribbon has a system button with a drop menu including the usual New, Open, Save commands etc. 

I'm loading the ribbon (from the XML file) at runtime by calling LoadDesignerBars from my frame window, but when the application is running the system button doesn't seem to respond to single mouse clicks. There is apparently no way to display the menu by clicking on the system button. If I double-click on the button the application closes. Is there some 'trick' to getting system buttons to work?

In the sample application I notice that the system button has a grey background, whereas in my application it has a solid-coloured background. Is that a clue? Also, is the colour of the system button derived from its icon's colour?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 4:28pm
Hi,
can you send us this xml to test ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:09am
Sure. What address can I send it to?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:19pm
Hi,

to support@codejock.com or our issuetrack( support.codejock.com)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:18am
Hi Oleg,

I eventually managed to fix it by replacing the SystemButton node in the XML. This works:

<SystemButton Type="2" Id="570" Flags="24" Caption="&amp;File" TooltipText="&amp;File" DescriptionText="&amp;File" CommandBarId="16777216"/>

but this didn't:

<SystemButton Type="2" Id="130" IconId="300" Flags="16" Caption="&amp;File" TooltipText="&amp;File" DescriptionText="Click here to see everything you can do with your document" CommandBarId="16777216"/>

Not sure what prevented it from working, but I'm happy that it's working now.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic