Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade problem
    Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:23am
Hi,

I was using codejock activex suite 13.2 with vb.net 2008 on Windows 7 64 bit. I downloaded version 13.4. I took following steps to install the new version and upgrade the projects:

- uninstall 13.2
- install 13.4 and registered ocx files
- deleted codejock dll's in obj and bin directories
- edited vproj file to adjust version number from 13.2 to 13.4
- build project

All seemed fine until i opened forms. A lot of properties of the controls have dissapeared. Text properties are gone, theme properties have been reset, etc etc. 

This is happening in different projects and in a lot of froms. See screenshot. To set all properties again will be huge effort. What am i doing wrong? What is the correct way in upgrading a project and retaining the property settings of the controls?

Kind regards,
Jacob Iedema

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.2.0
Platform: Windows 7 (64bit)
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / .NET 2008 / .NET 2010
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:36am
Hi,

yes, unfortunately its true.  VB6 save properties in text form but .NET in binary and can reset them after upgrade. Please set properties values in code to prevent such problem in future.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Jacob2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:25am
But this is only happening with the codejock controls. Is there no way i can resolve this?
Where are the control property settings stored?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:14am
Hi,

Its stored in XML file for this form.
Oleg, Support Team
Jacob2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 7:35am
Since there is apparently no solution to the problems i had, i decided to go back to the previous version 13.2.1.

All worked fine at the start, but as soon as i add a control to a form, or change the code of one of the controls, the project isn't compiling anymore and is giving the following error:

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'file:///O:/ProPolis .NET/clsProPolis/clsProPolis/bin/Debug/clsProPolis.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Line 131, position 5. O:\ProPolis .NET\ProPolis\ProPolis\frmInloggen.resx 131 5 ProOverzicht

It has nothing to do with the dll cause that is compiling fine. When i double click the error it takes me to the resx file and stops at a codejock flatedit box. When i delete the control from the form, same error comes back but then at the next control.

I'm not really hopefull but can you help?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:24pm
Hi,

Did you uninstall all 13.4 ActiveX ? 
Oleg, Support Team
Jacob2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:18am
Yes, 13.4 was uninstalled. Reregistered 13.2 to be sure as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic