Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Bug] Mouse cursor speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Bug] Mouse cursor speed
    Posted: 12 October 2010 at 1:58pm
As soon as I integrate the chart control into my app I have the same problem as in the samples, the mouse cursor is much slower.

I've set my mouse cursor speed to fast and as soon as an app with the Chart Pro is active it is slow. I activate an other window and the cursor is fast again.

Codejock support
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 6:40pm
Andre, does this mean you got a download for the release version? 
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 5:37am
Originally posted by adrien adrien wrote:

Andre, does this mean you got a download for the release version? 

No, I've downloaded the eval version because I expected the retail version to be available by now.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 10:15am
Can you guys reproduce this problem? I do not have this problem under Win2000 with a HP mouse but under WinXP with a Logitech mouse.

Codejock support
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 12:48pm
Hi,

We can't reproduce it.  it slow when you move only under Chart  or everywhere while chart is visible ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 1:07pm
I use a Logitech mouse and tested with Win7 x64 and Win Xp 32and also don't see the problem.

Can you verify it is the mouse?  Maybe try another mouse on that machine? 
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

We can't reproduce it.  it slow when you move only under Chart  or everywhere while chart is visible ?

As soon as I link to the Chart Pro lib (even without creating a chart) and start the app, the mouse cursor is slow.

If I then switch to any other app, the mouse is fast again. Back to the Chart app, slow.

Codejock support
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 5:05am
What about the CJ ChartPro examples? Do they slow down the mouse cursor too, or is it just your own app?
Couldn't observe any slow down with the examples on a XP and Win7 machine so far.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 6:00am
Andre, I sent you 2 emails, please check them.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 1:03pm
Look in the debug output. Probably, some mouse hook dll is injected into your process (from mouse vendor). Perhaps some parts of the Chart package don't like sloppy written system-wide hooks?
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 1:11pm
We try to figure out what it is. I guess it is the bogus Logitech mouse "driver" (app). Without the app running the back/forward button and the task list button on they mouse doesn't work.

I can see in the debug output that it is loaded in my process.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 6:02pm
Ok, it's the LogiTech MouseWare driver.

em_exec.exe (Logitech Events Handler Application) version 9.79.25.1
It loads "Logitech\Scrolling\LGMSGHK.DLL" (Logitech Message Hook Library) into each process.

So all older LogiTech mouses will be affected.
Newer ones use LogiTech SetPoint driver.

Codejock support
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:21am
Try running the software as administrator under Vista+. Hooking fails :)

Or install a WH_DEBUG hook and make sure to somehow remove the WH_GETMESSAGE hook for the specific dll :)
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 5:56am
Originally posted by znakeeye znakeeye wrote:

Try running the software as administrator under Vista+. Hooking fails :)

The MouseWare driver only runs under 2000 and XP.

Originally posted by znakeeye znakeeye wrote:

Or install a WH_DEBUG hook and make sure to somehow remove the WH_GETMESSAGE hook for the specific dll :)

I could also just buy an other mouse. LOL
The problem is not that I need a solution for me, but we need a solution for all our customers.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 3:23pm
This problem is still present in 15.0.1

Codejock support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic