Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unicode problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddebono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unicode problem
    Posted: 11 September 2010 at 6:23am
Hi!

We're using v12.0.1 in VB6 and have major issues with Unicode.

We have not experienced this problem before since normally we are developing in English Vista with Norwegian locale.

When switching Current language for non-unicode programs to Russian things go wrong.

We have checked and double checked that we're using the Unicode version of the controls. When displaying the Unicode property of the controls it says True.

What happens is that it will NOT show Norwegian (and other language specific characters) in controls.

When typing in Flatedit it will only show standard latin and russian chars depending on the keyboard layout chosen. So it will not accept Norwegian chars when Norwegian keyboard is chosen.

It will not show Norwegian chars in combos etc. Actually no controls will show Norwegian and other language specific chars.

One strange thing is that when choosing Norwegian in Current language for non unicode programs it WILL show Russian chars in controls, ie at least combos that we have tried.

When using the controls from CyberActiveX the Unicode works perfectly. So we know that the data we use is Unicode.

It's not an option to upgrade to the latest version of the controls since we have big installations on networks that need to be rolled out again. This is an almost impossible task.

UPDATE: After further checking we found out that this only happens in the VB6 IDE, and not in the running exe file. But again this still makes it very hard for us to develop the program since it will not be possible to develop and debug.

Thanks,
David
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 7:20am
Hmm, interesting problem there. I'm moving an application to Unicode by replacing all VB6 (well as most as I can) with CJ controls. I've practically done it now and I've only had one issue where i got black blocks as text when using the russian character set.

To solve this personally, I changed the font on the controls from MS San Serif to Tahoma. Then everything is ok, so I think it might be the local of the font on the machine perhaps?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic