Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Weird Paint issue on a skinned calendar control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird Paint issue on a skinned calendar control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird Paint issue on a skinned calendar control
    Posted: 27 July 2010 at 4:06am
We are using the Calendar control in our VB6 app and have encountered a weird paint issue.  Whenever the user double clicks an event we open a non-modal form showing additional info.  This form is large and covers the 5/7 day week radio buttons.  When the form is closed the radio buttons do not redraw correctly.  It randomly displays them as a white box, text but no radio buttons, checkboxes and even combo dropdown buttons!  The form is skinned so I'm guessing it's a problem with the skinning.

Further investigation has confirmed that the issue only occurs when the control is skinned so it's definitely an issue with the skinning.  We have also discovered that it only occurs if the opened form contains VB.NET interop user controls (which we also use the skinframework control to skin).

I have attached a zip file showing some screen shots if the issue

Any adviced would be appreciated.

Thanks.
YellowStreak View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 12:11pm
OK - I've got a work-around for this now.  I'll post it here just in case anyone else encounters the same issue. 

After the popup form has closed, the form that the calendar is on receives a form_activated event.  In this event I simply hide and then show the calendar toolbar.  This seems to force a repaint of the option buttons and they return to their correct state.   This is not and ideal fix and I would still like to hear what codejock have to save about this as it is obviously a bug.  It doesn't occur with any other radio buttons - only the ones on the calendar toolbar.

I'm Using 12.1 by the way but nothing in the release notes for subsequent versions appears to address this issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic