Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReport Control Annoyance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report Control Annoyance
    Posted: 10 July 2010 at 10:41am
Im having a small problem with the ReportControl, Im using long strings on every cell and the tooltip pops up (as normal) now the problem starts here, I use the mouse scrollwheel to navigate and the tooltip pops right under the cursor causing the focus to switch between the ReportControl and the Tooltip itself (im guessing here, but the main window loose focus for sure) instead of "forwarding" the events to the ReportControl.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 6:51am
Hi,

Do you see same with wndReportControl.EnableToolTips False ?

And what do you mean by: ... "forwarding" the events to the ReportControl

Would it be possible to upload small test project (should be VB, otherwise I can't test it myself)

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
jpcoffeyXXX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpcoffeyXXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 1:24pm
I am experiencing the same thing as Cobein only I am seeing it happen on the treeview control.  I have a client with really long treeview names.  When the mouse hovers over a node with a name that extends past the width of the control, the tooltip naturally shows.  When the user attempts to click the node, the tooltip actually receives the click event and nothing happens.  I know it is the tooltip that is causing the problem because when the user clicks the node icon, the click event is received by the treeview as expected regardless of whether the node text extends past the width of the treeview..  Again, this only works on nodes where the tooltip shows.  On nodes with names that do not extend past the width of the treeview control, there is no tooltip and the node processes the nodeclick event as expected.

I witnessed this on the client's Vista machine using the 13.4 version of the 32 bit controls over a VNC connection.  The application was developed in VB6 sp6.  If I can provide any more details, please let me know.

Sincerely,

John P. Coffey
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 5:15am
If the tooltip click event fires, can you not just call the relevant click event from that one?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
jpcoffeyXXX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpcoffeyXXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 3:40pm
Hemesh, thank you for the suggestion.  I cannot handle the tooltip event because the treeview does not provide that event.  Even if the treeview had a tooltip event, it does not always mean that the user clicked or double-clicked the node.  Again, thank you for providing the suggestion.

Sincerely,

John Coffey
Codejock Suite 13.4
VB 6, sp6
WindowsXP
http://www.jobtabs.com

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 4:02pm
I haven't been able to reproduce this (with the Treeview at least) in Win2k or Windows7 - do you have a sample project that reliably demonstrates the problem?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic