Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cancel TaskDialog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cancel TaskDialog
    Posted: 11 June 2010 at 12:41pm
How do you determine if the Cancel button was clicked in the TaskDialog?

I assume it has something to do with the ButtonClicked event, but I don't understand how to implement what is described in the Help. And I couldn't find anything in the samples.
Xtreme SuitePro 13.2.1
Win7
VB 6 - SP6
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 1:02pm
Do you mean the CommonButtons?  If so, then the ID of the button in ButtonClicked event will be a value from the TaskDialogCommonButtons enum, in this case xtpTaskButtonCancel (8).
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 1:09pm
I don't understand how to access the buttonclicked event. Can you give me a VB 6 code example?
Xtreme SuitePro 13.2.1
Win7
VB 6 - SP6
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 1:12pm
Private Sub taskDialog_ButtonClicked(ByVal id As Long, CloseDialog As Variant)
    On Error Resume Next

Select Case id
        Case xtpTaskButtonCancel:
            Debug.Print "cancel button clicked"
        Case Else:
            CloseDialog = True
    End Select
End Sub
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 3:17pm

Perhaps I was likely too vague. Allow me to elaborate.

I use the TaskDialog for various purposes on a single form. Consequently, I can't have in-line code in the ButtonClicked event. But I need to access the result of which button was clicked. Therefore, I have the following type of code...

start procedure that does stuff...
Dim vRC as variant   ' Return result from task dialog
blah
blah
blah
' Get a needed value
vRC = task_vInputBox(Me, TaskDialog1, sTitle, sHeading, sDescription, "", "", "", sIconPath)    ' Set properties and open (.ShowDialog)
' Deal with returned value
blah
blah
blah
end of procedure

' The result assigned to vRC obviously comes from .InputBoxText (which is currently part of the task_vInputBox function) - but what if the Cancel button was clicked?

Instead of retrieving the value from my function call, I tried assigning the result of the .InputBoxText (unless Cancel was clicked) by using a public variable in the ButtonClicked event, to see if that would address my problem. However, that didn't work because the ButtonClicked event wasn't firing. I don't know why.
Xtreme SuitePro 13.2.1
Win7
VB 6 - SP6
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 3:50pm

Clarification...

The ButtonClicked event DOES fire (sorry). However, it only fires once. If I don't receive an appropriate value, the code loops to re-open TaskDialog1 (I test vRC and, if needed, loop back to task_vInputBox). When it loops, the ButtonClicked event no longer fires. I have to exit the procedure to get it to fire again (which is impractical).

I tried using Reset after retrieving the result, but that didn't work. Is there some other way to essentially set the control to nothing - or whatever needs to be done so that it works correctly?
Xtreme SuitePro 13.2.1
Win7
VB 6 - SP6
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 12:38am

Since I haven't had a reply about the recent issue, I'm guessing this is a bug. I'll rephrase it...

When I call the TaskDialog more than once from within the same procedure*, the ButtonClicked event only fires the first time.

I've used reset, and set the Cancel to true after the call. It doesn't change anything.

* it's in a loop, waiting for a valid response
Xtreme SuitePro 13.2.1
Win7
VB 6 - SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 8:50am
I not sure what exactly I need to do to reproduce it, but such code works for me - I see 2 Debug outputs:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
TaskDialog1.AddButton "Test", 1
TaskDialog1.ShowDialog

TaskDialog1.Reset

TaskDialog1.AddButton "Test", 1
TaskDialog1.ShowDialog

End Sub

Private Sub TaskDialog1_ButtonClicked(ByVal Id As Long, CloseDialog As Variant)
Debug.Print "TaskDialog1_ButtonClicked"
End Sub
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic