Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Control behavior

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakerunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Control behavior
    Posted: 15 May 2010 at 12:50am
I just upgraded to the latest version recently, before this version I was using version 11.2. I am surprised to see so few changes and so many bugs not fixed yet.

The values of the tab control cannot be set from the IDE, you have to set many values in the raw form files, even the captions cannot be set correctly. This control is very buggy getting it set the way you want.

The shortcut caption is a nice control but unusable just as a caption because when you set tabstop to false if you press tab it doesn't get focus but if you use the arrow keys to navigate it does get focus, you can't tell it has focus because it doesn't get a focus block but it does take the focus. A caption should not get focus.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64 bit
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 5:48am
I use the Tab Control extensively (v13.1.0) and have not found any problems.

In the IDE, select the TabControl on your form, press F4 for Properties, and choose (Custom). The Custom property pages will appear and you can set the number of tabs, move to any tab, set the caption and other properties for each Tab.  Just remember to press APPLY before moving on.  This all works OK when I try it.  If you still have problems, give us more detail.
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
wakerunner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakerunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:57am
I just tried it again with same results. Start a new project, add a tab control, click custom under properties, set the number of tabs(this works) set the caption and click apply, click OK... the caption will still say "item" on the control at runtime and on the form in design mode. Also the delete and insert buttons do nothing.

I am on Win 7 64 bit but I have seen this problem since I started using Codejock controls back when I was using XP.

chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 11:34am
I just tried it again to see if I get the same results.

It all works OK for me.

Use the Property Pages to set the number of Tabs.

Use the Selected Item listbox to choose a Tab.
Set the Item caption. Click APPLY.

The caption of that selected Tab changes correctly.

When you try it are you missing out any of the above stages?

Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakerunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:24pm
Thats exactly what I am doing. I tried to upload a video of the process maybe you can spot what I'm doing wrong but it won't allow me too, its 2778KB and it says limit is 2000KB.

Its no biggie anyway I have been editing it from the .frm file with notepad for so long I'm used to it now.

chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 1:12pm
Very strange. Do you have a different computer available so you could just try this one feature and see if it works there?

Since nobody else has commented, I guess it works OK for most people and has not been reported to CJ by others.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakerunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 1:48pm
I've been using Codejock for about 5 years, during that time I have had XP, Vista and now Win 7 development machines... all did the exact same thing. I'm used to it now so no biggie. Now that I think about it I think this may have started when I switched to Vista, I really don't remember.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 4:42am
Hello,

Please check if you have only one version of SuitePro installed.
Sometimes Visual Basic run Property Sheet from previous version if you have 2 versions installed...
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
bsil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 3:10am
We noticed a bug in tab Control v13.4 - Activex Version in Visual Basic 6.0.

If you have say 3 tabs, out of which one tab is disabled and a shortcut key (say a) is set for this tab, the shortcut key works even though the tab is disabled.

It should not work if the tab is disabled !

Product: Xtreme SkinFramework
     Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
     Language: Visual Basic 6.0, Visual C++ 6.0, VB.NET 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic