Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skinning commandbars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
varun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skinning commandbars
    Posted: 15 April 2011 at 7:02am
Can you please help me how to use openFileDialog with the skinFramework when we are using CommandBars concept i.e, in RibbonMdiForm sample i want to open openFileDialogto browse, but it should also be applied with skinFramework
V
EzWz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EzWz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 4:07am
After some more testing we found that it matters how deep the commandbar is nested into other controls.
If commandbar is on control A, which is used in B which is used in C which is used on main form and we skin mainform, then the performance is a lot worse compared to a commandbars that is directly on the main form.
EzWz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EzWz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 5:19am
Hi, im having some performance problems with codejock components.

We have a very dynamic userinterface with a lot of controll arrays etc in vb6.
We recently gave a few of these components a codejock toolbar instead of a common components toolbar.

Now we implemented the skin control so users can actually choose between a nr of skins and the selected one is then applied each time.
Our main form is now "pausing" a few seconds, after which the skin is completely applied and all is fluent again.
I ran some tests and it turns out the performance is back to acceptable when i remove the commandbars.

After this i made testproject in which i put a nr the same controls that have the commandbar as toolbar and timed skinning them.
With toolbar the skin-time is 3.2 seconds, without toolbar it is 1.0 seconds. This is a huge time when you calculate that back to the main application and the nr of toolbars used there....it now takes almost 30 seconds to start main form, where i can get it down to 2 seconds if i remove the commandbars from all projects...
Is there some property i'm missing or is the skinning performance of the commandbars really this bad?

Regards

EDIT: sorry about maybe double posting: i now also submitted this issue in the ticket system.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic