Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pane shadow size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pane shadow size
    Posted: 11 February 2010 at 2:52am
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to control the size of the shadow (and subsequently the size of the pane when it is docked)?  I have some fairly small panes that when I grab them to move somewhere else on the screen, the shadow that shows where it will dock and how big it will be is huge.  Sometimes nearly 3/4 of the screen.  I am sure it has something to do with the way I set of the pane to begin with, but can't put my finger one what it controls.

Thanks,
Melvyn
VB6 / ActiveX / CodeJock 13.2.1
actively registered
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 10:52am
Hi,

When you create a pane like:

DockingPaneMain.CreatePane(1, 300, 300, DockRightOf, Nothing)      cx & cy will be used to size the pane to those measures. If you would create other panes, DockingPane control will resize the previous panes because it wants to fit the panes into the size of the form or container. If you drag a pane outside the container the cx & cy of that pane are used to create the floating pane.

I guess you have a large cx / cy when creating the pane.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
pate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 5:07pm
Thanks Aaron.  I think I am actually making them very small when I create, but I think I am setting them very large when I resize for some reason.  In any case your post has gotten me on the right track.  Thanks.

-Melvyn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic