Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skinframework bug (or code)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skinframework bug (or code)
    Posted: 27 January 2010 at 9:05am
Hi,

I have a VB6 project that has a form that calls another form for data maintenance. 

I put a skinframework control on the main form (on the left side of the attached images). When I include the command

SkinFramework.AutoApplyNewWindows = False

it is not giving me the expected results.

image1 (below) shows how my app looks with no skin. Again the right side form was called by the form on the left side.

image2 shows how my app looks with a skin applied and the autoapplynewwindows command set to TRUE

image3 shows how it looks with a skin applied to the main form and the autoapplynewwindows command set to FALSE

With image3, as you can see, the 2nd form maintains some of the skin colors but not the controls.. it is like a partial skin even though I set the autoapply to false. I would have expected the form on the right in image3 to look like the form on the right in image1.

I have also noticed this on my big MDI project but I wanted to test this on a smaller VB6 project to make sure it was not an MDI thing.

Please let me know if there is something I am not understanding or is this some kind of bug.

Thanks,

George  
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 12:07pm
The only thing that appears to be affected looks like the tab control - which looks like it's a 3rd party control (Sheridan perhaps?). I've seen before where non-stock controls are kind of treated as "all bets are off" with regard to Skin Framework. Try a different tab control, such as the one that CodeJock has.

As an aside, I would strongly encourage you to study UI design and best practices.
Xtreme SuitePro 13.2.1
Win7
VB 6 - SP6
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 12:51pm
If that is a 3rd part control you can use the ExcludeModule method to exclude it from skinning.
wxperson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 5:11pm
Thanks...

Re: UI.. that is why I am just starting to use tools like Codejock has :-)
corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by wxperson wxperson wrote:

Thanks...

Re: UI.. that is why I am just starting to use tools like Codejock has :-)
Well ... I don't want to rag on you about it ... but making it appear "pretty" isn't the answer. If you'd like help, just ask, and I'll PM you with some suggestions. But I really would suggest buying a book on UI design best practices.
Xtreme SuitePro 13.2.1
Win7
VB 6 - SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic