Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OCX + WM_SIZE magic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OCX + WM_SIZE magic
    Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:08pm
Often when I put an OCX control inside a dialog, the border of the control is not painted correctly. I've seen this quite often, so I thought it's time to find the root cause!

The solution has always been to explicitly send a WM_SIZE message (no other trick seems to work):

CRect rect;
m_htmlCtrl.GetClientRect(rect);
m_htmlCtrl.SendMessage(WM_SIZE, SIZE_RESTORED, MAKELPARAM(rect.Width(), rect.Height()));

I tried to find the underlying problem and found out that the desired rectangle was always decreased by 4 pixels (width and height). Strange.

Any ideas? I really dislike the hack above :(
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 9:11am

Do you add the control via the resource editor (drag and drop) or are you doing it via code? If not using the editor, try that in a sample app and then see if there are any messages such as your size message sent to the control.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic