Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Difficulty with installation of evaluation Toolkit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Difficulty with installation of evaluation Toolkit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albertb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Difficulty with installation of evaluation Toolkit
    Posted: 15 January 2010 at 4:57am
Hi, junior developer newish to this aspect of Codejock.  Hope you can help me.

I am starting to use Xtreme ToolkitPro as a fully licensed product at work and would like to be able to explore some things that come up at home.  The obvious answer was to install the XTP evaluation version as it only allows debug work and can't be abused by writing anything for release.  I hope this isn't considered over the top as it is only to gain experience of XTP classes for my own work on the fully paid for setup.  I just can't afford a full licence only as a support for the fully licensed version at work.

The machine is running XPPro SP3 fully updated and using Visual Studio 2003 with SP1 updated.  The XTP setup appears to install correctly and I can write code which builds without problems but when I try to run up an application under debug within VisStudio it moans about missing Windows DLLs.  These DLLs are actually present, where they should be, and playing around with getting the system to see them does not seem to get VS/XTP to accept them.  I have even tried the same process on a brand new machine with a completely virgin installation of XP and VisStudio then XTP, same result.

I don't have a wide experience of Windows DLLs and their versions so any advice on what is going on here would be welcome from anyone who would know.  I can of course let you know any info which may be needed to get to the root of the problem, just let me know what you need.

Many thanks.
Xtreme Toolkit Pro 2007
Win 32
Visual C++
Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 5:51pm
The license agreement appears to be per developer. If I'm reading it right, CodeJock allows you to install the licensed product on both your office and home computers.

ARTICLE 2 – LICENSE

2.1 License Grant. In accordance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, Licensor grants Licensee a non-exclusive, nontransferable license to use the Software and Documentation. All rights to and in the Licensed Product, including, but not limited to, copyrights and trade secret rights, belong to Licensor and Licensor holds title to each copy of the Software. The Software shall only be used by a single developer at one time. Licensee shall not transfer or distribute the Licensed Product to others (except as specified in section 2.2 below), and this Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event of such a transfer or distribution. The 2007 Microsoft Office User Interface is subject to protection under U.S. and international intellectual property laws and is used by Codejock Software under license from Microsoft.

Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro version 13.2 (Unicode, static build)

Platform: Windows 200x/XP/Vista/Win7 (32/64 bit)

Language: Visual C++ 9.0 (Studio 2008)

Albertb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albertb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:42am
Wow!  Didn't realise that at all.  Pretty enlightened policy on Codejock's part I think, (or just an oversight?  No, in this case I prefer to be charitable.)  I'll look into getting a full blown version for my home machine from work, although now I suppose we run into issues like security of the company's code which they may baulk at.  Not good to have copies of code on relatively unsecure home machine, (I said relatively).

But the advice is great to hear, many thanks Smucker.
Xtreme Toolkit Pro 2007
Win 32
Visual C++
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:53am
Article 2 - License allows your company to move licenses around.  You must have permission from your company (who owns the license) to take it home from work.  This provision does not cover personal use.  If they let you take it home, and they own the license, then you could only use the product for work.

I pulled the following from here: http://codejock.com/products/licensefaq.asp

Q: Who can use my license?
A: Licensing is per developer. Each developer using the software will need a separate license.

Q: Can I use my license on my laptop and workstation?
A: Yes, licensing is per developer so as long as only one using the license, you may install on more than one machine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic